Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aldi arcade cabinets are here

Meanwhile in the US, a number of Walmarts are having clearance sales on the Arcade 1up.

Best I saw posted on facebook was this one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139222[/ATTACH]

yeah I saw that too. I'm thinking of asking a relative in the US to keep an eye out and if they can get one for $75 to buy it and ship it out to me! Would still work out cheaper than buying one here!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile in the US, a number of Walmarts are having clearance sales on the Arcade 1up.

Best I saw posted on facebook was this one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139222[/ATTACH]

That's some deal there.

Been to 5 Aldis in Sydney and none has Street Fighter.

A few have a few Rampage left.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres one with a conversion already

Looks to be running R pi??

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ormeau/other-video-games-consoles/upright-arcade-machine/1204006535

And here come the "Impulse buy - now im over it" up for sale

Wait until the new year!!!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/318343925426637

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2293546580865236

And here come the "Impulse buy - now im over it" up for sale

Wait until the new year!!!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/318343925426637

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2293546580865236

That first one on marketplace:"Cabinet Riser included" ... and it's on a coffee table :D

Still about 6 at the Gilles Plains store today - $399

You guys are picky if saying too much.

Compared to the price of pinballs.

Anyway, Mrs bought one for me for a Chrissy present, at full price.

Asked about getting money back for the difference due to being cheaper now.

They mentioned to bring it back. Get a refund and re-buy it !!

Anyway I'm truly interested by AA'ers that have one or actually played one and their thoughts.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've done that before, you should do it. Get back $200 which can go towards another Xmas present.

You guys are picky if saying too much.

Compared to the price of pinballs.

Anyway I'm truly interested by AA'ers that have one or actually played one and their thoughts.

Cheers

I bought two for $299 (both SF2 Cabs, one for me, one for my brother) purely with the intent to mod my one, by following the ETA PRIME modding guide. .

The artwork on them is nice, the look is great, good size for sitting on a stool etc. Joysticks are pretty terrible, while buttons are fine nothing to complain about there.

After a week i'd bought a joystick/button/encoder pack from amazon, a hdmi controller pack and a cheap amp, and modified it by taking all stock buttons and sticks out, and putting my raspberry Pi3 inside it, new buttons, new stick etc.

Much happier now with it, my kids love it too.

Also, Hunter Products who distribute them here, sent out 2 plexiglass controller board covers and 2 replacement art covers for free, express shipping so as to protect the artwork on the controller board.

In saying that, after a couple of weeks since modding and my kids playing it quite a bit, it had yet to see any damage like some others have, but now with the plexiglass panel its a guarantee it wont be an issue down the track, hunter products were great, just asked for a receipt pic and sent out the panels the same day via express courier.

I bought two for $299 (both SF2 Cabs, one for me, one for my brother) purely with the intent to mod my one, by following the ETA PRIME modding guide. .

The artwork on them is nice, the look is great, good size for sitting on a stool etc. Joysticks are pretty terrible, while buttons are fine nothing to complain about there.

After a week i'd bought a joystick/button/encoder pack from amazon, a hdmi controller pack and a cheap amp, and modified it by taking all stock buttons and sticks out, and putting my raspberry Pi3 inside it, new buttons, new stick etc.

Much happier now with it, my kids love it too.

Also, Hunter Products who distribute them here, sent out 2 plexiglass controller board covers and 2 replacement art covers for free, express shipping so as to protect the artwork on the controller board.

In saying that, after a couple of weeks since modding and my kids playing it quite a bit, it had yet to see any damage like some others have, but now with the plexiglass panel its a guarantee it wont be an issue down the track, hunter products were great, just asked for a receipt pic and sent out the panels the same day via express courier.

Thanks appreciate an actual review from someone that has experience with them.

I've taken mine back, but if the Aldi's around me drop the price to $300 I'll consider getting one again.

I think they would be good to take to a BBQ etc.