Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wondering what a good street fighter2 cab would be for site

Ok, not having much experience with video arcades as far as owning Its best to ask those who are in the know.

Essentially I am considering putting a street fighter 1 or 2 cab On site in my Laundromat.

I cant decide if I should go original, Which I like the idea of because lets face it original is cool, but I dont like the idea of servicing often and this would be the risk I would take if buying an original machine sadly.

The other idea Is obviously a new machine. and the con to that is well its not original and as cool.

Now I dont know what cabs street fighter had, I guess i would be looking at something on the slim side that has a smaller footprint.

Im not after a DIY setup, also wanting dedicated to street fighter that can take the abuse of being sited,

reliable and has a coin mech setup.

any ideas what cab or company would suit that if I was to buy new?, I know there is allot of shit out there and I dont want to waste my money as the old saying goes, "cheap man pays twice", So it is confusing to know what is good so I dont waste my cash

Edited by jason1

I did this quick makeover a couple of weeks ago, generic cab and threw some SFII artwork on it and put a Pandoras Box in it.

It's been moved on but it may give you some ideas...

Before

5p6urM3.jpg

After

QcwfH54.jpg

Edited by Kaizen

thanks guys, I might look for a Generic style cab, maybe a lowboy, Is the homepin unit any good? or is there a better one?

Likely has the wrong button layout for street fighter though?

Edited by jason1

I would think Any lowboy can be setup for street fighter.

Sometime you have to get a control penal made if the button set-up is not to your likening.

Just with 19" lowboys if its two big guy's playing street fighter it ends up been a fight for elbow room!

As Kaizen has posted the 26" lowboy thats a good wide space.

homepin lowboy that I have seen look to be 20" 1 joystick 60 in 1 jobs.

Can always contact Tony at pinball shed think he had homepin stuff.

I would go for the old 26" lowboys would be the best. Or if you can find new that size even better.

Or a big LAI TMNT type of cab but thay take a lot of room and are a big job to move.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/96420-Lowboy-with-48-in-1-PCB

Edited by madal

I would think Any lowboy can be setup for street fighter.

Sometime you have to get a control penal made if the button set-up is not to your likening.

Just with 19" lowboys if its two big guy's playing street fighter it ends up been a fight for elbow room!

As Kaizen has posted the 26" lowboy thats a good wide space.

homepin lowboy that I have seen look to be 20" 1 joystick 60 in 1 jobs.

Can always contact Tony at pinball shed think he had homepin stuff.

I would go for the old 26" lowboys would be the best. Or if you can find new that size even better.

Or a big LAI TMNT type of cab but thay take a lot of room and are a big job to move.

cheers mate that is actually a very good point about the width for street fighter for two bigger peoples, that is actually something I stupidly didnt think about. So thanks for pointing that out.

Due to wanting a lower foot print maybe I Should consider a More one player based game?

Edit, I rang Tony about the Homepin Lowboy and he doesnt stock the lowboy anymore, I did come across one secondhand on Gumtree, But it doesnt have a coin mech.

Does any one think it is very hard to setup a coin mech to one of these?

If not I might have to look at other options, Im certainly not stuck on the homepin option Im interested in anything that is good and solid.

Edited by jason1

The one Andy has for sale on AA not what your looking for?

Adding a coin mech is easy dill then cut holr dill bolt hole then add two wires to Jamma plug if not there (Coin 1, Gnd)

For a small foot print theres alwzys the candy cabs.

Its Mostly what Im after, I will need to contact him to find out dimensions to see if it fits with in the floor space I have available.

My main concern however with older tubed games Is My lack of knowledge with them so incase of problems I may not be able to address on my own.

Says something about deguassing and man I know the concept but dont have experience or the wand.

But yes I do love the genuine look of a tube. So im on the edge on which way togo.

Also thanks for the info on the coin mech side.

If you don't want hassles of maintenance and potential failures I'd go with a MAME/LCD cab for sure. You'll get more variety of games in one cabinet as well.

Yer I think if I was having one for a home situation where i had more time and willingness to mess around with an arcade cab I would likely go with the tube cab, and a nice genuine one at that. and be more willing to spend time learning a new hobby.

But In this case it is in more of a commercial situation and a fun novelty item im adding to my business so easy would be nicer so are leaning more towards LCD for that reason.

This is where it gets fun.

There dropkicks out there selling mame cabs with over 3000 games but thay do not configured the rom correctly. Or if at all.

So you and up with a over payed pc that you will have to learn how to configur.as shit all games work.

Dont get me wrong theres good ones out there too.

If you go this way test it befor buying it! Do not buy site unseen.

Lcd VS CRT every CRT will have something out and in time will need a Service. The lcd will die cant be service just easy to replace

For commercial situation i dont think any non licence copyright arcade is right! But that's me.

This is where it gets fun.

There dropkicks out there selling mame cabs with over 3000 games but thay do not configured the rom correctly. Or if at all.

So you and up with a over payed pc that you will have to learn how to configur.as shit all games work.

Dont get me wrong theres good ones out there too.

If you go this way test it befor buying it! Do not buy site unseen.

Lcd VS CRT every CRT will have something out and in time will need a Service. The lcd will die cant be service just easy to replace

For commercial situation i dont think any non licence copyright arcade is right! But that's me.

yer this is exactly What I want to avoid, there is so many people selling this stuff, I dont know what company or maker is good or just shit made by some two bit fly-by-nighter.

I certainly appreciate any info on a good place to buy a new cab that doesnt lead me down the road of some dodgy company, there seems tobe so much out there I dont know what is cheaply made junk or what is actually good.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I figured a street fighter cab would be too big, and as mentioned by a person above, a small one would be a pain to use with two player.

So ive just gone with the idea of a 60-1 cab, and going Homepin low boy. I figure Ill go homepin as I have no idea what other god brands to buy on the modern machines.

Sadly pinball shed no longer sells the Homepin lowboy, and I was going to buy from another Member who sells them However the person didnt feel the need to answer a question about coin mech side of it as to if I was easy enough todo, So I sent mike a message and he did reply to confirm that its easily do-able, which is great.

So Im not buying New from the Member who is a dealer sadly as there is no point rewarding a person who cant 2minutes to reply to a question, Im just going for a secondhand one from another member.

Now My next question would be, what is a good coin mech to use? Im thinking of staying away from the typical Mechanical pinball type mech, Im wanting an easy to install mech on the wiring side and nice and reliable.

Any suggestions, or if you have a good mech? for sale that is plug and play please let me know