Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern ghostbusters vpx issue

I have installed ghostbusters twice now and same issue. I keep getting failed to load dll error. When I launch the table the backglass comes up and then error. When I test the rom in vpinspa a black box comes up and then same error failed to load dll. Any thoughts? Thanks Tom

ED1BEB00-67FE-4F02-8FE5-280C075740D4.thumb.jpg.9cee5b3b9da3c9c25b3631f96b49c390.jpg

8B2E3687-6AD8-43BA-A5E1-CD46B7AF99BB.thumb.jpg.92ac8050b02a2b0ad751ca704e807c4b.jpg

EED07221-EBB9-4181-A6C9-2FAA4E168EB2.thumb.jpg.6f0fec2f8815d905314a7848fe3ddc25.jpg

I recall having the same problem and I think it was because i hadn't run the INSTALL from InstallVPinSPA.EXE in the VPinSPA directory. Maybe do that with yours - it won't hurt to run it again if you already HAVE installed it.

Your paths and file locations look good, so the only other thing it may be is the Microsoft Visual C++ packages as @63wizz suggested.

• 1 month later...

Tonight I found the solution for this problem (at least in my setup).

GB was working fine when I did install it the way it (once) was described but when I did a full new Win10 install I got the .dll loading error, both in VPinspa when testing the table and also (of course then)( when trying to run the table in VPX.

Tried e-ve-ry-thing messing up my total Win10 and VPX install severall times so that took me 2 days to be back to the statting point but...

THIS EVENING I GOT IT WORKING!

The trick is (as mentioned before): install the C++2012 x86 version (although your machine might be running Win10/64).

You can (safely) find it here at Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

After this (and I did a reboot after installing) the test in VPinSpa worked and after that, also the table in VPX worked again!

Happy Playing GB!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,great hobby,1st post.I recently tried to get this to run but no luck.Backglass loads,dmd works,table loads in vpx10.5 but when press play it 3/4 loads then crashes.Get this in crash log.

vpinspa.dll DllUnregisterServer .Anyone with any ideas greatly appreaciated.Have installed all vcredist86 and 64s.:) Oh and a Big thanks to OzStick for Hardware.

Edited by Oldschool4

Hi everyone,great hobby,1st post.I recently tried to get this to run but no luck.Backglass loads,dmd works,table loads in vpx10.5 but when press play it 3/4 loads then crashes.Get this in crash log.

vpinspa.dll DllUnregisterServer .Anyone with any ideas greatly appreaciated.Have installed all vcredist86 and 64s.:) Oh and a Big thanks to OzStick for Hardware.

Don't worry about installing 64 bit versions, even if you are running a 64 bit OS. The 32 bit versions do the job required and it potentially causes less issues.

Having said that, did you INSTALL VPinSPA, or just drop the directory into its appropriate place? The same as VPinMAME needs to be installed for any tables to work that use ROMs, this table is a little different in that it uses Stern's newer system that is not yet emulated within VPinMAME, so VPinSPA was created to fill this void. For it to all work you need to have VPinSPA in its correct location and then run its setup.exe program so it installs and can be found and used by the table.

If you've already done all that then I'm not sure what the issue is........

• 2 weeks later...
I know this is a long shot but does anyone have the table file for this? Cant seem to find it anywhere

A VERY long shot, considering this is your first post on Aussie Arcade and you are asking for a table that everyone has been expressly advised NOT to share.........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been having a blast playing the Pincab lately(mainly Sinbad and Joker Poker) Yeah I luckily got most Gottlieb roms before they were deleted from vpforums and vpuniverse :D

Anyhow didn't know GB was kinda available but yeah can't find it anywhere online.

GB on Vpx would be a nice addition to the collection if possible but only if allowed.

Anyone help out or is that a no-no ?

luckily got most Gottlieb roms before they were deleted from vpforums and vpuniverse :D

wow, didn't know this had happened.

wonder if Stern will ever setup a genuine Stern customer login for their rom distribution... it's been open slather there for years now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...