Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVII - Timeout - Video Gaming from the Beginning and Beyond

Todd Friedman from The Walter Day Collection contacted me recently for an interview on my experience, thoughts and feedback on the video gaming universe from the golden age until today. The industry forecast is that 2.3 billion gamers across the globe will spend $137.9 billion on games in 2018. Video games sure have come an extremely long way.The article was published digitally overnight and I hope you enjoy the story ... https://thewalterdaycollection.com/articles/trading-card-spotlight/218-trading-card-spotlight-paul-hornitzky

An archived copy is below:

CZ03k8V.png

What a fantastic write-up @OOO ! You didn't miss a trick, touched on so many important milestones in the industry and scene.

I think we must be of a similar age as I remember playing all those 'pre-arcade' mid 70's games too, especially the black and white ones that would always pop up in sideshow alley of a show, like Tank, or Atari Basketball, or Sprint 2. And that hologram quick draw cowboy shooting game that i can never remember the name of.

I keep wondering when I am going to be tired of video games having played them now for 40+ years, but I still enjoy them as much as ever, maybe even more so. It's heartening to read that others like you, also have the pixels firmly imbedded in their psyche, and can write so eloquently about your experience.

Keep doing what you do, it's inspiring!