Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Any other way to connect PS2 to Jamma?

OsirusANZ

Question

Hi guys I bought a PS2 and lightguns with the intent to hook it up to my Astro city 2 cab I messaged eviltim for a PS2 to Jamma scart but no luck as he doesn't make them anymore is there any other way to go about it? I bout a board from Italy but in having trouble getting a bright picture out of it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

21 answers to this question

To do it properly would require some work. Arcade monitors behave differently than consumer monitors as well as the PS video output which differs greatly to a regular arcade board's video output.

It's a shame that Tim doesn't produce the scart to jamma boards any more as he did everything perfectly and safely.

If you wanted to put something together yourself I would recommend utilising an RGB amp IC such as the THS7314. Connected via 1K pots wired as a voltage divider on the inputs. 75R on the outputs. LM1881 to clean the sync signal. You may need to consider audio as well, you'll need to convert from line level to speaker level.

If you don't mind paying then get in contact with Lemony Vengeance. He is building me a custom console to JAMMA adapter. It supports PS1/2/3, XBOX/360, Saturn, Dreamcast, NES, SNES and PC. It's not cheap but neither are parts and his work is always very high quality.

I was going to purchase a scart to jamma 360 setup from Lemony Vengence, but then I was lucky enough to get a Viletim Scart to Jamma PCB from dragonlee and I made my own way of connecting the 360 controllers to Viletims' pcb

I've msg'd a guy that I purchased my Ultracade UVC from to see if he's got any viletim's scart to jamma as he seems to have a whole stock of old pcbs that people don't normally have.

I was going to purchase a scart to jamma 360 setup from Lemony Vengence, but then I was lucky enough to get a Viletim Scart to Jamma PCB from dragonlee and I made my own way of connecting the 360 controllers to Viletims' pcb

I've msg'd a guy that I purchased my Ultracade UVC from to see if he's got any viletim's scart to jamma as he seems to have a whole stock of old pcbs that people don't normally have.

Does he have any scart to Jamma for sale at all?

I plugged in my Italian eBay board again I have picture it's a little dark and image is skewed a bit on the Astro city. I'll upload a pic when I get home. Do I need to adjust the voltage? Im still learning new things from this forum I just don't wanna blow anything up lol. I only ask cos I pick up the NAC cab and it plays my Tekken 3 and Sega STV PCBs but won't play my Pandora's is this the same problem?

He's probably got too much attenuation on the sync line and not enough amplification on the RGB lines. The sync issue could be compounded by the fact that your scart cable also has built in attenuation or is using sync on luma.

The retro masses have really screwed up sync with this needless obsession for csync and attenuation. An arcade monitor wants line level sync.