Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Alvin G Soccer Machine

Hi all,

I’m doing some research on the Alvin G Soccer machine and wanted to ask the AA community a couple of questions.

Primarily, does anyone have a manual they can share? It would obviously be useful in general and I’m hoping to learn the rule set.

Also, does anyone know if they are difficult to maintain/source parts for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Parts would be very hard to find these days, in their day they were not popular at all, in fact at public auction they couldn't even sell them, to the point I was offered 2 of them one working one not for a whopping $150 and I said no along with everyone else there as they were trouble back then. Now they command 10x that price (and some even more) and I would still say no.

I have an Alvin G machine (world tour). Information is sparse. Parts are sparse or non existent, PSPA is the best source (eg https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=Alvin+g). Things like the flipper mechs are weirdly unique, ⅜" shafts with moulded bats which leads to issues rebuilding them. It's doable, but it's not going to be "buy this rebuild kit".

For the manual, I'd try the Alvin G club thread on pinside. There's a die hard historian Alvin G fan, MattElder I think, that is probably the most likely person to have a copy of the manual: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alvin-g-and-co-a-tribute-to-the-gottlieb-name/

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a ‘friend of a friend of a friend’ type situation but a mate of mine’s boyfriend’s mate has one of those. My friend mentioned it to me recently saying it’s in his shed, he has no idea what it’s worth but knows it would need quite a bit of work to get it running. Also it may have had parts stripped.

Might be about time I go and look at it. Doubtful but could even be a manual kickin around.