Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cocktail Cabinet

gardog62

Question

Hi Guys i have a 60 in 1 cocktail cabinet which the colours seem a bit washed out .dull .

I confess to knowing extremely little about this ( and most subjects in general )

Should i take it to a tv mechanic ?

I only found 2 in the city where i live rang 1 he said wasnt interested in looking at it .

Any ideas ?

20 answers to this question

Will get some more info and photos today .

in Rockhampton

Made by Arcade Tables .i think they were based in Brisbane or Sunshine Coast

Problem - the colours are not at all vivid .( like me )-not very bright

20180527_083543_001.jpg

20180527_083538_001.jpg

20180527_083536_001.jpg

20180527_083519.jpg

20180527_083043.jpg

20180527_083031.jpg

20180527_083013.jpg

20180527_083007.jpg

Edited by gardog62

In Rockhampton

Dont think so . it has been sitting idle for a few years and i made some space and dragged it out to put back into use and just looks a bit faded not as colourful as it should

Its already a 60 in 1 so no issue swapping out the old crt monitor to an LCD. Easy fix and dead cheap. Extremely clear and crisp colors . You can easily do this yourself.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Will tidy up wiring and mount power supply .

Whats involved with swapping to an lcd ?

A new lcd anything else ?

boards ,connectors mounts ?

What sort of costs involved

Sounds like the answer rather than throwing money at crt

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i know .i reckon this one was built in china no quality control .

found that rats nest when i removed gal cover

Remove everything to do with the crt monitor. Chassis, tube, any transformer and wiring. The 60 in 1 has a vga output on the side just like your computer. Connect the vga cable to that and to the lcd. Set dip switch 2 to on. Located on the board in a bank of 4 usually. Secure the power supply. Thats it in a nutshell.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

did anyone ever come up with an answer as to why the colours are dull ?

Are there any solutions or do i just change to an lcd ?

Hate to turf the crt if there is very little or nothing wrong with it .

I thought all you arcies loved crt's ?

did anyone ever come up with an answer as to why the colours are dull ?

Are there any solutions or do i just change to an lcd ?

Hate to turf the crt if there is very little or nothing wrong with it .

I had a not dissimilar problem with cocktail I picked up recently that did have a CRT and a 60 in 1 board. https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/93875-Cocktail-cab-needing-some-help-please

I ended up, with a lot of help from other AA members just putting a LCD in and even to me it was pretty straight forward but I did have help.

As far as the CRT went I had it here for a couple for weeks as a freebie, pickup only but it then went to a fella who's into old school original. https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/94089-Free-CRT-monitor-and-chassis-etc-quot-gone-quot

Bottom line is if you don't have the need to keep it original, convert to LCD all the way IMHO.

Naah.... It's a 60 in 1 and only a clone machine . If you want to spend the money... Then contact @Jomac

Sent from my MYA-L02 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

My speciality seems to be dumb questions so i should waste my talents .

If i want to spend the money then contact Jomac ???

Does he supply what i need to convert to lcd ?

IMHO LCDs just look shit in real cabinets, like someone jammed a laptop in there. You can tell instantly just by looking at the cabinet that it's been done, and in my mind it devalues the cabinet to anyone who knows much anything arcades.

As a pathway to flipping it on eBay it is probably worth doing if you can get the bits for free, also an LCD conversion *sounds* like a good thing, but if you intend to keep it I would get the CRT fixed up.

JOMAC repairs CRT chassis, he's the man if you want to keep it looking original.

LCD install - cheaper if the parts are basically free, but can be a sh1tfight to get it mounted and looking as minimally-naff as possible, then you need a video downscaler board and associated wiring to connect the 1980s to the 2000s.

CRT fix - more expensive but basically hassle free, usually just plug and pray.

Actually - looking at the photos earlier in the thread I suspect that what you have there is a modern eBay universal yum-cha chassis thrown in with the original tube. There really is no such thing as a universal chassis as tubes vary a lot, they work enough to get a picture but they are usually bloody awful looking as they are not correctly matched to the tube. Usually done to flip a cabinet as "working" rather than with a dead screen. A mate of mine had the same in a SFII cabinet, colours were awful, but when the chassis was swapped with the correct one the colours just popped, looked good enough to eat!

Joey will be able to tell you what your options are, probably to bin that chassis and get a matched one for that tube.

The Chassis is an Entron running a 51cm Toshiba tube and were mostly used in Pokies.

The issues you're describing with the monitor could be any number of problems from the colours being poorly adjusted, chassis issues in general, to a problem with the tube. Your description of the problem is very open ended.

Yes, I also agree with Womble that LCD's look shit, but considering your general lack of knowledge with CRT's, I'd personally recommend you convert it to an LCD and be done with it.

If you wish to keep the CRT, contact @Jomac and ask for some assistance (You won't find anyone more qualified than Joey at Jomac).

Regards,

Johns-Arcade