Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Members on the Sunshine Coast?

Hey Guys

We will be moving to the beautiful Sunshine Coast in the next few months! That has been a life long dream of mine for many years! Thought I'd see if there are many guys on here from the area? Hoping for a big lifestyle change that will allow me more time and room for hobbies! I have been pretty out of the arcade scene for awhile with a hectic lifestyle of 4 kids to look after and a wife who is at work most of the time. She's taking a redundancy and will only be looking for part time work when we move! Plus with all her family up there that should mean more free time for me! :D

Hoping to get a house with a good rumpus room for my games or a big shed! It would be cool to go to more meets and games nights in the area!

Cheers,

Lefty

Hi Lefty, I'm at Doonan - where you moving to?
Looking at the Sippy Downs/Buderim area as the wife's family are there. It's quite nice around these suburbs, but I'd rather be closer to the water! But obviously the closer to the beach the more expensive it is! Any area up there will be better than the western suburbs of Brisbane! [emoji16]

Sent from my X9009 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Looking at the Sippy Downs/Buderim area as the wife's family are there. It's quite nice around these suburbs, but I'd rather be closer to the water! But obviously the closer to the beach the more expensive it is! Any area up there will be better than the western suburbs of Brisbane! [emoji16]

Mate im just up the road about 15-20 minutes, in Image Flat. Got 7 acres there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Lefty, I'm at Doonan - where you moving to?

And im south of you by about 15-20 minutes.

Looked at a real nice home up near there in Tinbeerwah last year on Sunrise Rd, unfortunately had a bit of a change in circumstances since then with the mrs' health being quite uncertain. Wouldve loved it, 88 acres, view was probably the best ive seen in my life...

I live on the sunny coast, dont be too worried about not living close to the water, way to hectic around those areas, which would completely undo the hectic life style your wanting to escape from.

Sippy down is becoming huge right now, Some really big developments going on there.

Im In the hinterland region, I like that area, its 10minuted drive to the beaches but I can get out of the madness of the city also.

I would suggest one of the hinterland towns If I was to say any where on the sunshine coast to live. good value for money, as you can get bigger blocks for the same money with the same sort of House, plus it is way more laid back and Cruisy. But the scenery is slightly different, more Green rain forest mountain surroundings with fresh air, Obviously closer to the beach is Blue, brighter salt air Surroundings.

If you like suburbia then Sippydown is the current popular choice right now, along with Pelican waters, allot of new homes being built in those areas, Im doing jobs in those areas every second day. There are some huge plans in the future for areas like Sippydowns and Pelican waters, Blocks arent big though and houses close together and traffic on the sunshine motorway around Sippydowns and Buderim can be really heavy during the day. But some people do like that.

The sunshine coast is a mix of everything, 10 minutes one direction your in a rural town, 10 minutes another and you in a rain forest or mountain range, 10 minutes another your on the beach in a city lifestyle or smack bang in Suburbia.

But for me I like the Green landscape with trees, and mountains and slightly more rural, and can go to the beach when I feel like the 10-15minutes drive and escape back away from the rat race.

If you like the less hectic slightly less suburban lifestyle but still have access, then increasingly popular areas are Maleny, Landsborough, Montville and so on. those areas are smack bang in the middle of the Glasshouse mountains. well worth checking out.

Edited by jason1

I live on the sunny coast, dont be too worried about not living close to the water, way to hectic around those areas, which would completely undo the hectic life style your wanting to escape from.

Sippy down is becoming huge right now, Some really big developments going on there.

Im In the hinterland region, I like that area, its 10minuted drive to the beaches but I can get out of the madness of the city also.

I would suggest one of the hinterland towns If I was to say any where on the sunshine coast to live. good value for money, as you can get bigger blocks for the same money with the same sort of House, plus it is way more laid back and Cruisy. But the scenery is slightly different, more Green rain forest mountain surroundings with fresh air, Obviously closer to the beach is Blue, brighter salt air Surroundings.

If you like suburbia then Sippydown is the current popular choice right now, along with Pelican waters, allot of new homes being built in those areas, Im doing jobs in those areas every second day. There are some huge plans in the future for areas like Sippydowns and Pelican waters, Blocks arent big though and houses close together and traffic on the sunshine motorway around Sippydowns and Buderim can be really heavy during the day. But some people do like that.

The sunshine coast is a mix of everything, 10 minutes one direction your in a rural town, 10 minutes another and you in a rain forest or mountain range, 10 minutes another your on the beach in a city lifestyle or smack bang in Suburbia.

But for me I like the Green landscape with trees, and mountains and slightly more rural, and can go to the beach when I feel like the 10-15minutes drive and escape back away from the rat race.

If you like the less hectic slightly less suburban lifestyle but still have access, then increasingly popular areas are Maleny, Landsborough, Montville and so on. those areas are smack bang in the middle of the Glasshouse mountains. well worth checking out.

You must be reasonably close to me

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys. Are there many games nights/meets on up there? Thought there would be more than 2 members in the area!

Mate what sort of games do you play? Im a bit short on time lately, but id be up for gaming at some point.

My favorite games are the mid - late '80s era. I currently have 15 machines, 13 arcade cabinets and 2 pinball.

I reckon you'll do ok up here mate ;)

We generally play a lot of Mega Drive and NEO•GEO, Sonic 2 battles, Fatal Fury 2 and Special, Soccer Brawl, Golden Axe, pretty much anything that is fun and quick for 2 at a time, so we can do round-robin style play.

Also a bit of 4 player WiiU, Mario Kart, Mario 3D, New Super Mario, etc etc...

Ill flick you a PM shortly

Let us know when you're up here and we should get something together. I'm into arcade, console and pinballs.

What arcade and console? As i was just saying to Lefty, ive got pretty near every console from 2600 to Dreamcast, some with loads of games, some with only a few ;)

Mame for arcade and cocktail with 60in1 board and maybe 15-20 different consoles I think. I've got quite a few games for these consoles too.

For arcade games my preference is late 80s like Lefty.

Sounds good mate ;)

Ive been modding a few consoles lately, did a few Tim Worthing mods ( RGBs on N64, Atari 2600, top loader NES, FM sound on Master System ), a few McWill mods ( a LYNX 1, a LYNX 2, and a Game Gear ) and got a few more mods planned, got a couple kits from Frank ( FJS ) here to do, got a couple Game Boy parts coming.

Ive still got a pile of Master System 2 consoles here im going to add RGB to as well, i remove the RF unit and make it all look about as factory as i can, and use a push button on/off switch for the 50/60Hz switch.

• 7 months later...

Update: We ended up moving to Bribie Island. Technically, just short of the Sunshine Coast! We are renting atm and starting to look for homes to buy. We may still end up moving further north, but the Sunshine Coast is so expensive we will most likely have to stay around here. 500k doesn't get you much in the Sippy Downs/Buderim area, if anything! A very nice house can be bought on the mainland side of Bribie for that. Plus the kids are just settling in to new schools so wouldn't want to have to move them again!

Any members here from the Bribie region?

Update: We ended up moving to Bribie Island. Technically, just short of the Sunshine Coast! We are renting atm and starting to look for homes to buy. We may still end up moving further north, but the Sunshine Coast is so expensive we will most likely have to stay around here. 500k doesn't get you much in the Sippy Downs/Buderim area, if anything! A very nice house can be bought on the mainland side of Bribie for that. Plus the kids are just settling in to new schools so wouldn't want to have to move them again!

Any members here from the Bribie region?

I work close by there as ya know :)

I dont know how to explain prices up in Buderim or Sippy Downs, nothing special about those areas at all... Im a bit north of there and paid less than half that for 7 acres about 11 years ago... As youd expect, you wont get half that land for 3 times that price now, and i aint goin anywhere ;)

I work close by there as ya know :)

I dont know how to explain prices up in Buderim or Sippy Downs, nothing special about those areas at all... Im a bit north of there and paid less than half that for 7 acres about 11 years ago... As youd expect, you wont get half that land for 3 times that price now, and i aint goin anywhere ;)

Yeah, we could get a shoe box in that new estate in Caloundra or something out the back of Nambour for that! The property price crash doesn't exist on the Sunshine Coast. Seen some homes drop 40k around Sandstone Lakes on the other hand!

Yeah, we could get a shoe box in that new estate in Caloundra or something out the back of Nambour for that! The property price crash doesn't exist on the Sunshine Coast. Seen some homes drop 40k around Sandstone Lakes on the other hand!

Bank guy valued my joint at $800,000 about a year ago, and i havent even built the house yet. Its lunacy, i paid $225,000 for f*** sake!!

Bank guy valued my joint at $800,000 about a year ago, and i havent even built the house yet. Its lunacy, i paid $225,000 for f*** sake!!
That's just for a block of land?

We may still end up there. In-laws don't want us to buy at Ningi, they say it's a low capital growth area and should be somewhere nicer. But that's all we can afford. Suspect they will offer to chip in more to get us to move to Buderim area. Fine by me!

That's just for a block of land?

We may still end up there. In-laws don't want us to buy at Ningi, they say it's a low capital growth area and should be somewhere nicer. But that's all we can afford. Suspect they will offer to chip in more to get us to move to Buderim area. Fine by me!

Yeah mate id be reluctant to recomend Ningi, given the locality to some rather unsavoury areas....

Worth taking a looking at a place on Panorama Drive in Nambour, in the whole time i worked in that town i only went to one job in that area, its one of the better spots. Was quite an affordable price, i am considering having a butchers hook myself...

There is a house for sale near my place that is currently asking 1.2, less height and less views, but still not a bad block.

- - - Updated - - -

Take a look:

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-nambour-130159298

- - - Updated - - -

What are they asking on average in Ningi?

Im on nights at the moment but we'll have to meet up sometime soon.

Yeah mate id be reluctant to recomend Ningi, given the locality to some rather unsavoury areas....

Worth taking a looking at a place on Panorama Drive in Nambour, in the whole time i worked in that town i only went to one job in that area, its one of the better spots. Was quite an affordable price, i am considering having a butchers hook myself...

There is a house for sale near my place that is currently asking 1.2, less height and less views, but still not a bad block.

- - - Updated - - -

Take a look:

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-nambour-130159298

- - - Updated - - -

What are they asking on average in Ningi?

Im on nights at the moment but we'll have to meet up sometime soon.

For 400 you can get a pretty decent size house on a good size block in Ningi. 700sqm range, 200sqm house. Nothing amazing but a similar spec house in Sippy Downs would be 550! I'm shocked at the size and prices of houses in that new Harmony estate outside of Sippy Downs. Lovely houses but all the blocks are 300sqm range and prices are 500ish. And they sell like hotcakes too! I'll show my wife that Nambour link but I know she hates Nambour with a passion! She went to high school there and said she would never live there! [emoji28]

Tell the wife she needs to let go of the past! Hahaha!!

Its got its bad spots for sure, but the good spots are really good. Im quite suprised how well priced that place is, i havent been for a look but the pics show a reasonable view, its pretty high up, so nice breezes through summer. That seperate room off the main house would be great for a games room.

Tell the mrs youve gotta look at it regardless, even if only to get ideas on what you do want!

• 4 months later...

Hi all, thought I'd drop an update on this post. We ended up buying a house in Sippy Downs and moved in 4 weeks ago. Not sure how I feel about it, missing Bribe, and feel like we were pushed into buying up here by the in-laws. Not much room in the new house for all my arcade and pinball stuff. Will need to put in a big shed I think!