Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 11 Game 6: Cyclone

Cyclone (Williams 1988)

cyclone.thumb.jpg.b73773f640b4fb63e6f2555793348f78.jpg

This table will run for 1 month till the 11th November midnight.

It is an honesty system, please only post high scores that you have got since October please ignore your previous high scores, we are only playing for fun.

This Table is available for VPX and VP9

Cyclone score will be posted here:

1ST: Wob 11,567,640

2ND: Skids 6,805,080

3RD: Kane 5,535,090

Edited by Bishop83

Does anyone know how the jackpot meter on the BG works?

This table has two VPX versions, what is everyone using?

8b65de64817938a3adbd99fa1bc25151.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My jackpot always starts at 1.5 million. Doesnt seem to build up? Maybe im not playing it long enough?

No idea which version i have.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

My jackpot always starts at 1.5 million. Doesnt seem to build up? Maybe im not playing it long enough?

No idea which version i have.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

From http://pinball.org/rules/cyclone.html

Jackpot

Shooting the right ramp 3 times before the timer expires will award the current jackpot, which is displayed in lights, to the left of the mystery wheel on the backglass. After you get the jackpot, it resets to 500k. After you run out of credits, it will add 1 million to the jackpot, if you got it.

After you score a jackpot, the "Millions" digit in your score will flash, unless of course, your score is under a million, in which case, it will begin flashing when there is a digit there .. :-) I believe this is also true if you get the "Million" shot on the Comet ramp.

The jackpot increases 5k for each time you hit one of the 1-2-3 rollover switches at the top of the playfield.

After you get the jackpot, (or get it lit, and let the timer run out) you will need to re-light the Cyclone ramp. Hit the 3 duck targets, just above the right outlane. There is no maximum on the number of jackpots you can get per game, however, it resets back to 500k after you get the jackpot.

[/Quote]

I tried hitting the 1,2,3 and they did nothing, maybe the BG doesn't work, I am not sure what version I have, but I'll try the other.

The backglass goes up in steps of 500k, the rulesheet I linked says the lanes increase it by only 5k. I imagine you need to hit the lanes a lot (like 100 times) before it's reflected on the backglass.

Trap up and look at the current jackpot in the status report. Then hit the lanes, trap up again and compare.

I tried hitting the 1,2,3 and they did nothing, maybe the BG doesn't work, I am not sure what version I have, but I'll try the other.

You hittin* the right ramp?

The jackpot is on the right ramp, not the middle ramp.

You hittin* the right ramp?

The jackpot is on the right ramp, not the middle ramp.

I can collect, more wanting to know how to increase it :)

OK, so I gave up on the Jackpot on the BG, seems like it would only build up over a long period (multiple games) if it is not collected.

Seems like the best plan is to go for the left ramp, if possible get the double playfield going before hitting it for the million.

Another tip, don't keep credits up on this table, once collected the right ramp jackup drops to 1/2 Mil, if you have credits it will stay at this value, if you don't have credits it will go back up to 1.5 for the next game.

Shots on the horror house seem dangerous on my version, ball comes back fast, and appart from the odd EB it doesn't seem worth much.

I don't dislike the table, but it seems a little dull\repetitive to me.

• 2 weeks later...
This is my build thread, that what you looking for?

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/87530-Mini-Builds-(27-22-DMD)

Ah yes. This is what I aspire towards but curious if anyone plays on a basic pc with an XArcade or keyboard?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Ah yes. This is what I aspire towards but curious if anyone plays on a basic pc with an XArcade or keyboard?

Thanks!

I use an xarcade with the side buttons and vpx on a friend's machine. Works pretty well except I keep nudging it. :-D

I play on the laptop when I'm traveling and that's good enough for my purposes.

Thanks!

I know one of our regulars Kane plays on a PC. skids played for ages on pc before getting his build going and Dedrok also played on pc when his cab was kaput.

it's still really fun on a basic pc and a great way to start with vp. I started off with just a laptop.

I use an xarcade with the side buttons and vpx on a friend's machine. Works pretty well except I keep nudging it. :-D

I play on the laptop when I'm traveling and that's good enough for my purposes.

Ok this is where I’m at now. Going to try to get this going and compete with you guys.

Any links are greatly appreciated!

Ok this is where I’m at now. Going to try to get this going and compete with you guys.

Any links are greatly appreciated!

VPX ALL IN ONE INSTALLER that should get you started. Post any q's.

You'll have to create an account at vpinball to download.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vpx-installer-10-5-0/