Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Looks exactly like my sega rally cab with a 26" tube as it looks like it's got another monitor bezel under the normal bezel... Is there a "Leisure and Allied Industries (LAI)" badge at the back of the machine?

Check the chassis and confirm it's a 26" and then put a wtb thread. Tubes are a lot harder to come by than a chassis.

The pedal also looks exactly like mine and the fact that it doesn't have the left foot rest leads me to believe it's the same in every way as my Sega Rally cab - is the base made out of wood or metal?

Looks exactly like my sega rally cab with a 26" tube as it looks like it's got another monitor bezel under the normal bezel... Is there a "Leisure and Allied Industries (LAI)" badge at the back of the machine?

Check the chassis and confirm it's a 26" and then put a wtb thread. Tubes are a lot harder to come by than a chassis.

The pedal also looks exactly like mine and the fact that it doesn't have the left foot rest leads me to believe it's the same in every way as my Sega Rally cab - is the base made out of wood or metal?

I don't have the machine with me at the moment. I'd say it's an Lai cab at a guess.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, where did you purchase from and if you're happy to divulge the price, how much for? I don't often see single cabs pop up on gumtree/marketplace - especially in NSW.

Once I finish my conversion, I'd like to start looking for a second one to give me that twin setup.

Out of curiosity, where did you purchase from and if you're happy to divulge the price, how much for? I don't often see single cabs pop up on gumtree/marketplace - especially in NSW.

Once I finish my conversion, I'd like to start looking for a second one to give me that twin setup.

It's not my cab.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sega Daytona

Theyre a Nanao MS9-29 chassis, here’s a photo of the label on the tube in mine.

Theyre the same as most sega candy cabs and probably a lot of non-sega ones too.

Message Slypinball, he stripped a VS city and might have a spare tube. He’s in SA though.

fa28226fdeb071eca66131f0c813a440.jpg

They look awfully like a 26 inch to me.. Only because of the second bezel inside..

Your Sega rally looks like the proper Japanese ones which is 29 inch.

I bet they're this monitor.

05570ee23cc559a6a9375c17deedac20.jpg

You might be right actually, my bezel definitely shows more glass.

a55a03a7c41fe7ae592a8a2e842d62ed.jpg

its a jap cab, you can tell by the candy style plastic around the monitor, the US ones are wood or similar

US are 26 inch, Jap are 29 inch nanao by default.

Not necessarily... The AU LAI cabs are plastic on the sides, but is 26 inch :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The conversion too lots of time and cost a fair bit. Custom made bezel and monitor holder. Powder coated steel and toughened glass. Took quite a few attempts to get that right

Cost me about $400-$450 depending on how busy they were and how many i ordered. That was just for the bracket, monitor holder and glass.

Then you still need the monitor which i use a 32” philips. Price was $270-$300 depending if they had deals on

Then converter board. About $25 on ebay

Times all of this by 2. Or 8 in my case.

Then the time in getting it done. Didnt happen overnight lets just say.

Happy with the end result.

32” screen cropped back to 4:3

Hard to compare exactly but i’d say roughly 2cm shy off original.

Speakers moved to above the monitor so it all looks clean as

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade