Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Pinball Arcade - Oculus Rift

IMG_0021.thumb.JPG.d208eaa139893eb61823df3b276db81e.JPGIMG_0022.thumb.JPG.b402c5fcc910c28c40303c9816ad9e75.JPG

Stern Pinball Arcade has been released for the Oculus Rift. I have managed to get it up and running with my home made pinball pc controller. With my controller and my PC it's almost working flawlessly. Really smooth and responsive. It is really the next level of virtual pinball.

Nothing can replace the real thing, but in VR it is the closest you will get to the real deal.

I have one issue with purchasing the tables. It can't connect to the server to purchase a game. Has anyone had the same issue?

Apart from that, it is really worth a look for anyone that enjoys pinball.

Agreed! After pinball in VR, it is very hard to go back to a 2D flat panel.

Agreed, I said this back in Jan 2017 when I got my PSVR https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/85565-Virtual-Reality-(VR)-Pinball-is-the-missing-link-between-Virtual-Pinball-amp-Real-Pins unfortunately all my pic links are busted in the thread.

Edit: Pic links fixed.

Edited by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma

There is also Zaccaria pinball that has a $14.99USD DLC to add virtual reality support. The zac pins are not expensive to get per pin either.

And Pinball FX2VR is good also. Really hoping Fx3 gets VR support as they now have the williams license. So far released Medieval Madness, Fish Tales, Junk yard and The Getaway High Speed II.

The ACDC table in Stern Pinball Arcade with rift is awesome.

@PinSinner - I get how the table pincab controller would be set up, but how does nudging work? Is it via actually nudging the table a bit, or button setup somehow?

There is also Zaccaria pinball that has a $14.99USD DLC to add virtual reality support. The zac pins are not expensive to get per pin either.

And Pinball FX2VR is good also. Really hoping Fx3 gets VR support as they now have the williams license. So far released Medieval Madness, Fish Tales, Junk yard and The Getaway High Speed II.

The ACDC table in Stern Pinball Arcade with rift is awesome.

@PinSinner - I get how the table pincab controller would be set up, but how does nudging work? Is it via actually nudging the table a bit, or button setup somehow?

I have two mercury switches inside the cab. Each one is set/mapped to a button press. When I nudge left or right, it registers this quite well. In Pinball FX2 this has been working perfectly, but I think there may be an error with my encoder or perhaps the software I'm using to emulate the Xbox controller when using Stern Pinball Arcade. So when I nudge in Stern Pinball Arcade, I have mapped the button press to the joystick I have on top of my cab. It's not ideal, but it will have to do. I'm working on the issue. [emoji1303]

Would be awesome if FX3 and Stern PA supported analogue nudge. (accelerometer-based nudging)

I'm using a USB MS sidewinder (gamepad with accellerometer) for analogue nudge in VP and it's great! you de-case the gamepad and mount the PCB inside your cab, and you're away.

@PinSinner do you use your Rift for other gaming as well ? Seeing some of the pinballing on the rift has got me drooling. I already have a pincab so the real-feel controller is already sorted...i'm hoping my 4GB 970GTX would be up to the VR stuff but i'm seeing a lot of 10-series GPU reccomendations.

Would be awesome if FX3 and Stern PA supported analogue nudge. (accelerometer-based nudging)

I'm using a USB MS sidewinder (gamepad with accellerometer) for analogue nudge in VP and it's great! you de-case the gamepad and mount the PCB inside your cab, and you're away.

@PinSinner do you use your Rift for other gaming as well ? Seeing some of the pinballing on the rift has got me drooling. I already have a pincab so the real-feel controller is already sorted...i'm hoping my 4GB 970GTX would be up to the VR stuff but i'm seeing a lot of 10-series GPU reccomendations.

I have been playing a lot of Elite Dangerous in the rift, and I enjoy a lot of the games and Rift experiences. It is really good fun and worth it in my opinion.

I'm running a gtx1070 and it is as smooth a silk. But I think a gtx970 would be fine for most of the experiences and games. Elite dangerous would be fine with the 970 maybe with some setting tweaks and ED in VR is worth the price of the Rift alone. Definitely worth it.

Edited by PinSinner

I have been playing a lot of Elite Dangerous in the rift, and I enjoy a lot of the games and Rift experiences. It is really good fun and worth it in my opinion.

I'm running a gtx1070 and it is as smooth a silk. But I think a gtx970 would be fine for most of the experiences and games. Elite dangerous would be fine with the 970 maybe with some setting tweaks and ED in VR is worth the price of the Rift alone. Definitely worth it.

Thanks for the info. I've always thought i would wait for the 'Oculus 2' headset but god knows how far that is away.

I've got a birthday coming up and wife is asking me what i want... it's probably too much to ask for but worth a try ;)

Thanks for the info. I've always thought i would wait for the 'Oculus 2' headset but god knows how far that is away.

I've got a birthday coming up and wife is asking me what i want... it's probably too much to ask for but worth a try ;)

You might like to consider the new Oculus Quest. It looks great and would be a bit cheaper. It does not require a pc. The lineup of games looks promising and the freedom to move around with 6 degrees of freedom is fantastic. It is portable and better optics than the rift with hand tracking controllers just like rift.

There is no confirmation yet, but I assume there will be a version of pinball fx and Stern Pinball Arcade for this new device.

https://www.oculus.com/quest/

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

You might like to consider the new Oculus Quest. It looks great and would be a bit cheaper and would not require a pc. The lineup of games looks promising and the freedom to move around with the new insight tracking is fantastic.

https://www.oculus.com/quest/

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

that looks amazing! all-in-one wireless everything and inside-out motion tracking with no external sensors.... wow. screen resolution better than anything currently on the market.

Mobile OS but this should/could be the new standard for VR? Play anywhere wirelessly with full motion tracking is a game changer. stand by for an endless suppy of oculus quest youtube videos of people bashing themselves into things. should be good ;)

cheaper price too.

but can you play pinball on it !