Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Atari LYNX McWill screen

Hi all,

Just got around to modding my LYNX Model 1 with the McWill screen.

To all those thinking of doing this, dont bother... DONT BOTHER WAITING ANY LONGER!!!! Get in there and do it ;)

The improvement is awesome.

Here is a video with 2 units running together, both with the same game started at the same time.

Ill attach a couple pics too.

image.thumb.jpg.6eea6802f3dde64f214f09bcebb1d800.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.df20cdcd4992d7a7714f0bbafc7aa27b.jpg

Man some awesome aftermarket stuff out there for consoles now. Looks like a no brainer.

If I had a lynx I'd be all over it!

Gday Frank how are ya mate?

Ive got lots of LYNX consoles here, so im going to mod a few more and offer them on here for good prices if anyone is interested in one.

Ill probably offer a couple game gears as well soon.

That sounds great!

GG with screen mods?

Yeah mate, McWill screens and new lens, probably going to start throwing the glass lenses at them and see how they go, ive got a glass Nomad lens here to try out, havent got that far yet though.

Ive just grab one glass lens first incase theyre not as nice as an original.

Yeah mate, McWill screens and new lens, probably going to start throwing the glass lenses at them and see how they go, ive got a glass Nomad lens here to try out, havent got that far yet though.

Ive just grab one glass lens first incase theyre not as nice as an original.

Do you know if there will be a McWill screen for a Nomad? I have a Nomad and the polariser has changed and starting to crack like in this video.

I have looked at using a composite screen but it would be good to using something better.

In time i will be doing so mate yes, i will be ordering a few more screens soon, im that impressed with them.

The LYNX 2 consoles will have a new speaker and all capacitors replaced before i sell them, im hoping i will be able to find replacement lenses for them too.

I havent found a place that stocks spares for these things yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Gday Frank how are ya mate?

Ive got lots of LYNX consoles here, so im going to mod a few more and offer them on here for good prices if anyone is interested in one.

Ill probably offer a couple game gears as well soon.

I would be interested in a Game Gear if you get around to doing them!

I would be interested in a Game Gear if you get around to doing them!

Sure can, ive done 1 so far, i dont get heaps of time though. Havent put it back together yet, but its all working and looks awesome ;)

Tell me though if you want a different coloured LED or any other sort of changes and ill see if i can do that. I do also have a new white screen lens, or normal black in either glass or original plastic.

I have a lynx2 that needs a new screen, would i be able to send it to you?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yeah mate, i can do it for you, have you ordered the screen?

Do you want a new speaker as well? Ive got a fair few different speakers coming, ill trial a few and see how they go. The LYNX 1 has a lot more space, but ive got better ones coming thatll still fit a LYNX 2. The sound on a LYNX is pretty darn good, its a 40mm speaker as apposed to a 28mm in the Game Gear and Nomad, but speakers have improved a lot in 30 years.