Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

BurgerTime or Hamburger?

I've loved this game since it was around in the arcades in the early 80's.

One of my local arcades had this game and I remember putting plenty of coins through it.

I have a solid memory of this game being titled as 'Hamburger' rather than the 'BurgerTime' name that is well known for.

I have searched for, but have not found, any reference to the game being called 'Hamburger'.

The only clue I have found that is remotely close is an image of Peter Pepper with an 'H' on his hat rather than the usual 'P'.

The one that I remember (with an H)

BurgerTime_Peter_Pepper.png.19fbea4ba41df92fbf50e2fd0012fcb5.png

The only one I can find (with a P)

1694614327_burgertimecab.jpg.956373a164b50907cf3f6d2bba7268d3.jpg

So... is my memory wrong or can anyone confirm if they have seen or know if any of these cabinets were re-branded as 'Hamburger' here in Australia?

I've never seen it called Hamburger...not even as a kid

Brad

The Japanese wiki page says only the initial Japanese release was hamburger and that the name was changed for the international release and all subsequent Japanese releases too.

I've never seen it called Hamburger...not even as a kid

Brad

The Japanese wiki page says only the initial Japanese release was hamburger and that the name was changed for the international release and all subsequent Japanese releases too.

There have been a lot of beers consumed between then and now.

I am convinced the cab I played on was 'Hamburger' but maybe my memory has been a bit peppered.

Thanks for the replies.

There was absolutely a Hamburger cab in Melbourne in the 90s, I remember it well. It was at an Italian restaurant in Elsternwick. I always thought it was a knock off because I had BurgerTime on NES and didn't find out it was the original until years later when the internet happened.

It's on MAME if you're curious -

There was absolutely a Hamburger cab in Melbourne in the 90s, I remember it well. It was at an Italian restaurant in Elsternwick. I always thought it was a knock off because I had BurgerTime on NES and didn't find out it was the original until years later when the internet happened.

It's on MAME if you're curious -

Thank you! @DoomsDave

That has bugged me for the last few years. It does exist!

I watched part of that video and the game play is different to BurgerTime. The enemies started in different areas to what the BurgerTime enemies do.

I will have to work out some new strategies if I'm going to play that one!

• 2 weeks later...

Hamburger is a pretty lame title.

Not much imagination went into that.

Struggling to think of another game where the title is just the name of a food, like celery, chickpea or lasagne.

BurgerTime is much better.

In saying that you've got Centipede and Millipede which are just nouns as well, but at least they are animals that do stuff :)