Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Shaking CRT picture

Nimmers

Question

I get a weird issue in my Unit where at some times of the day I get what is like a tiny vibration or flickering effect on my CRT picture. Happens on multiple monitors, tried different locations in the unit, different consoles, tried an APC power regulator, ferrite beads.. Running out of ideas.

Then I came across this: https://www.clipsal.com/Trade/Support/Notes/Ripple

Does anyone know if this can have an effect on CRT displays? I checked with my power supplier and they confirmed they do use 750Mhz signals where I live.

6 answers to this question

Its possible, seems unlikely tho. But if the effect is on multiple monitors, in multiple locations then it has to be something in the local environment that's common to them all. The mains is a decent candidate.

Nothing to do with machine...Electricity power surging during the day when they do amount of upgrade on the GRID in your area.Are you near a new resident built area atm or a new area of housing getting built ?

Nothing to do with machine...Electricity power surging during the day when they do amount of upgrade on the GRID in your area.Are you near a new resident built area atm or a new area of housing getting built ?

Its an old building in an old suburb in the Sydney CBD area. It happens on every different Sony PVM/BVM monitor I have tried - at least 4 and they are all different models. The mains voltage fluctuates for sure, Ive seen 224V at 6pm and 242 at 10pm of the same evening. I got myself one of these to rule out that issue: http://www.apc.com/shop/au/en/products/Line-R-1200VA-Automatic-Voltage-Regulator/P-LE1200I

Maybe I could borrow a scope and see if there's anything going on with the mains when its happening. Forgive my ignorance, I once upon a time did an electrical trade but moved on to another profession a long time ago. If there's a ripple signal when the shimmer is happening I should be able to see it on a scope right?

Failing power supply?

Screen refresh rate change?

Fluro lights heterodyne issue?

Are the power points your connecting to on the same circuit? Try another circuit or a lead from the neighbors?

Can try run from a UPS.

or this

pedaldesk03.jpg