Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gold plating

can't help you but I'm taking the chance next week getting my ToM ramps etc done. I wanted brass but looks like gold is the only go that I found. I'm not concerned about tarnish just a good job. I play my games which means you touch stuff that in turn wears or gets dirty. Why buy expensive mirror finish pinballs when all that will happen is they will get damaged. All will be good I'm sure.

what game btw

Gold plating

Hi all. Anyone know and recommend somewhere that does gold plating. Ive got som rails and flipper cabinet guards to get done. Ive seen some that have tarnished before so am abit nervous to go to a random. Any recommendations would be awesome. Thx

Sent from my SM-J105Y using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I think some of the guys here have used Gold Coast Electroplating and were happy with the results.

I’ve only ever got side rails done in brass as the place I got to do them in NSW said they were too long to get them done in gold (guessing their capabilities)

And as far as tarnishing, I thought this wouldn’t happen if it is done in gold? only in brass, but I may be wrong on that one!

Good luck

Thanks guys. Ive looked into it abit and a guy up here in brissy i spoke to said that there is different bases to electroplating. If they use a zinc base he said with natural acid in hand sweat would tarnish. He told me to check out a place at coopooroo ( i think) that do plating and electroplating. So they might be my next stop. I have been told of a place in states but was hoping to find local ish.

Its for my funhouse.

Thanks guys. Ive looked into it abit and a guy up here in brissy i spoke to said that there is different bases to electroplating. If they use a zinc base he said with natural acid in hand sweat would tarnish. He told me to check out a place at coopooroo ( i think) that do plating and electroplating. So they might be my next stop. I have been told of a place in states but was hoping to find local ish.

Its for my funhouse.

Ah that will look nice on a funhouse. You must post pictures when done.....but then again maybe not.....I own a funhouse and it might force me to spend more money lol.

Good luck in search and keep us posted please

Ah that will look nice on a funhouse. You must post pictures when done.....but then again maybe not.....I own a funhouse and it might force me to spend more money lol.

Haha

Yes i will for sure. Don get to excited though. This is the slowest restore in history

Tam I'm about to restore my fuhouse but going down the chrome path. Looking forward to seeing the gold edition! Never thought of gold but it would sit well with the display and graphics I reckon.

Tam I'm about to restore my fuhouse but going down the chrome path. Looking forward to seeing the gold edition! Never thought of gold but it would sit well with the display and graphics I reckon.

when did you get a funhouse? haha i cant keep up with you. would you mind messaging the place in the states you were telling us about. im trying to go local but it might be good for a back up.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

@Lou

Haven't you had some gold work done in the past?

had it done in the past you need to clear coat it after if your doing it the cheap way to protect the finish

gold hard coating is expensive as hell and not many people do it

Why don't you just stick with the natural carny theme and let it tarnish and rust away:p

I personally wouldn't recommend gold on any parts that get contact with the ball. Gold is soft & will wear away very quickly. IMO

I would probably agree with you if I didn't already have it done. I got my 2 ramps and 2 wireforms done on my LOTR about 3 years ago. No wear, no chipping, looks as good as it did when I got it done. I just checked again under a torch to make sure. Still looks fantastic and shiny. I didn't do any clear coat and from memory it cost me between $350 and $400.

I would probably agree with you if I didn't already have it done. I got my 2 ramps and 2 wireforms done on my LOTR about 3 years ago. No wear, no chipping, looks as good as it did when I got it done. I just checked again under a torch to make sure. Still looks fantastic and shiny. I didn't do any clear coat and from memory it cost me between $350 and $400.

oh really. would please message me where you had it done? and any details you could possibly remeber about it.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

There is a problem with gold, no matter how thin it is, it looks full until you hit the last 0.01% of surface. This is why gold leaf is so popular, it's thin as a micron but has no wear ability.