Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Street Fighter 2 Hadoukens on Pandora Box multi boards

brentos82

Question

Hey everyone

So I own a Pandoras Box 5s and a Pandoras Box 6. Both ''official'' ones from 3A games.

Overall, I am happy with the emulation however I have an issue with the Street Fighter 2 roms.

On the 5s when I try to do dragon punches they don't always work. I am good enough to execute the move 9/10 times but they only work about 2/10 times.

From memory it is worse with heavy punch. I naturally assumed the joysticks were broken but I waited for the Pandora 6 to arrive so I could test it out.

On the Pandora 6 it seems that I can perform dragon punches whenever I want but I am having trouble with Hadoukens. When the round begins if I try to perform an hadouken straight away all I get is a punch but if I walk back before doing the command I get the fireball. In short, normal command doesn't always work, but holding back then doing the command does work. Has anyone experienced this before?

I went one step further and plugged in my Capcom Street Fighter 2 PCB and all commands work fine, so it wouldn't appear to be the joysticks or buttons.

Am I missing something here?

8 answers to this question

Input lag in the emulation i reckon. Dont think anything u can do. Not sure if raspberry pi people experience this. Funnily i had issues in a similar way recently with the sf2 games on my clone pandora 5s . I usually do a combo with dragon punch when an opponents stunned though i can only do it fluently on a cps1 original pcb. Pandoras hard for me to execute. I done the same test putting in the original pcb lol

Yep input lag associated with the software based emulation. Same thing happens with Rpi, even on a CRT screen.

One reason I can't use emulation, better off with real hardware and multi kits. I've got a Chinese CPS1 multi, Darksoft CPS2 multi and 161-in-1 MVS cart which I'll be running with Unibios 4 soon for the pick-n-mix functionality. Keeps me busy, loads of games I can play on original hardware without breaking the bank.

So the 14 in 1 thing is the real deal ? I just saw a game list for the 14 in 1 and it lists Sf2, Sf2 red wave and Sf2 Hyper fighting. I thought red wave was a bootleg version? How come its on a capcom board? Is there more than 1 type of this board?

The 14in1 is a genuine Capcom A and C board coupled with a custom B board, which holds all the Roms. Yep there's a few hacks in there and games that don't work, probably around 9 original working games I think. I mainly use it for SFIICE and Final Fight.

They're no longer in production but there's a new version out which is much better, as well as a few upcoming ones. Problem is they're really hard to get hold of.

I found this same issue for me...

On the Pandora - I couldn't execute Guile's magic throw that well, or the cancel into super in 3s..

But on my Groovymame setup (same cab, just groovymame instead of pandora), I'm far better at executing the same moves..

I got a 14-in-1 CPS1 board for free with my Blast City. It was supposed to be brand new but the stupid thing never worked. It was out of synch on my New Astro which didn't happen on the Blast. But the games would just not load. I have read that they are dodgy, and just assumed I got a dud. It did provide a working A board though, along with a C board that has already been modded to work in a phoenixed board so it was not a complete waste!

By the way, how does the Pandora 6 stack up? Any chance of SYSTEM-32 games working on it? I doubt it, seeing aa MKII is borked. Shame someone can't make a decent Pandora style box with GOOD hardware!

Ok so a bit of a follow up here to the input lag topic.

Does the emulator cause the lag or the rom? Or the speed of the processor that runs the emulator?

For example there are 2 versions of Sf2 World Warrior on the new Pandora 6.

One version has the slight input lag but otherwise plays great. The other version has no input lag but has annoying screen tearing or something going on. This tells me the Pandora hardware is capable of running the game without input lag. So is it the actual rom that makes the input lag ?

Can I just replace the rom with a different version of it, or are they all the same? If so, does anyone know any links to reliable versions of street fighter roms or am I totally on the wrong track. Also would the total number of games on the board affect how they play? For example if I just had 10 roms running would It play better than trying to hold 1300 ?

- - - Updated - - -

I got a 14-in-1 CPS1 board for free with my Blast City. It was supposed to be brand new but the stupid thing never worked. It was out of synch on my New Astro which didn't happen on the Blast. But the games would just not load. I have read that they are dodgy, and just assumed I got a dud. It did provide a working A board though, along with a C board that has already been modded to work in a phoenixed board so it was not a complete waste!

By the way, how does the Pandora 6 stack up? Any chance of SYSTEM-32 games working on it? I doubt it, seeing aa MKII is borked. Shame someone can't make a decent Pandora style box with GOOD hardware!

Pandora 6 is ok I guess. Being able to add your own roms is cool, but as you can read I'm having trouble with minor input lag on my SF2 roms. Trying to see if putting different versions of the roms helps...there isn't a lot of game setting options either which I don't like. Difficulty and lives and some games you can't even change those.

RaspberryJamma on a CRT is very close to the real board when it comes to lag (atleast based on how easily I can carry out shoryukens) - no screen tearing and all the resolutions are displayed correctly.

I have played original boards as well and Pandora 4S. I sold off the Pandora 4S the video was never as smooth as the real board/RaspberryJamma. Pretty out of touch now but my test for lag is shoryuken and I could barely do any on Pandora 4S. RaspberryJamma was very very close. I have one cabinate and I generally run the RaspberryJamma unless I have mates coming over in which case I bring out the OG boards/multis.