Thread: Jurassic Park Project Restore

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pingun View Post
    That is one filthy playfield!! It makes me shudder. Fit led's but leave the filth? I would just cut the screw, cheap as

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    I got that screw out eventually, just took a fair bit of encouragement.. the T-nut got destroyed tho..

The game didnít come with any LEDs - most globes were blown or physically broken. I replaced some & put a few LEDs in various places for testing busted globes/sockets etc.

State
    Wa
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Ah. Iíve just seen this now. For stripped t nuts I use and old chisel to fold a flat edge up on the nut itself then use a pair of pliers to hold it whilst undoing the screw.
    Trashes the nut but quick and easy. No help to you now I know but may help someone else reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    Emerald, Qld
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thesav View Post
    I got that screw out eventually, just took a fair bit of encouragement.. the T-nut got destroyed tho..

The game didnít come with any LEDs - most globes were blown or physically broken. I replaced some & put a few LEDs in various places for testing busted globes/sockets etc.
    I was thinking that after I wrote that post. Sorry my bad.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

While cleaning the DMD area tonight, I noticed what appears to be burn marks on the front of my DMD screen.. After some disassembly, itís just the plastic cover on the front of the DMD - PHEW!!

Attachment 136315
    Attachment 136316

Any idea where Iíd get another of these from? This one looks like itís had a few arguments with a cigarette at some point..
    Anyone know where to buy this plastic cover for my DMD? Can you purchase anti-reflective covers at all to limit the DMD reflecting off the glass?

State
    我不想乱跑,但我确实想戒&#25
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    997 Post(s)
    man it is so satisfying to get a really dirty playfield and wash all the dirt off lol.

State
    Shepparton Vic
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1763 Post(s)
    While cleaning the DMD area tonight, I noticed what appears to be burn marks on the front of my DMD screen.. After some disassembly, itís just the plastic cover on the front of the DMD - PHEW!!

Attachment 136315
    Attachment 136316

Any idea where Iíd get another of these from? This one looks like itís had a few arguments with a cigarette at some point..
    Not the same but may fit...

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-7525.html

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason1 View Post
    man it is so satisfying to get a really dirty playfield and wash all the dirt off lol.
    Is it weird that this is one of the things I look forward to the most??

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)
    Anyone know where to buy this plastic cover for my DMD? Can you purchase anti-reflective covers at all to limit the DMD reflecting off the glass?
    Plastic cover, easiest thing to make yourself. Buy a piece of lexan or arcylic on line and just cut it to size. Anti reflective sheet used to be available from Mr Pinball and they do work nice. Makes the display a little less bright but reduces the glare significantly. They just stick to the DMD glass with small double sided tabs.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Hi again dino-lovers, I know itís been over 6 months, but Iíve been steadily working away at the park the whole time. Due to some great purchases, I ended up taking on a lot more than I originally intended. Iíve purchased a 2nd playfield, 2nd ramp, 2nd subway & heaps of mechs. Done a LOT of cleaning and polishing of parts and mechs, built my own rotisserie and taken far too many pictures (can you ever have enough?).

Below are some progress shots, and Iím at the point where Iím about to swap the wiring harness over to the new playfield, and start populating it with the cleaned up parts.

One question Iíve got though, is how to clean up my TRex?? Iíve unplugged him and unscrewed the mechanism, but now that heís out of his pen and next to some of the other shiny things, he looks like heís come out of the wrong end of a Godzilla movie.....

Anyone have any tips on cleaning him up without destroying him or removing all his paint? Heís also a bit sluggish in his sideways movement, not sure if thereís anything I can easily do to try to rectify that also while heís taking a nap? Thanks.
    TRex underside.jpg TRex font.jpg

Elbow grease pics:
    Metal shine.jpg
    Flap dirty.jpg Flap clean.jpg
    Plastics dirty.jpg Plastics clean.jpg

Rotisserie I built:
    Rotisserie & new playfield.jpg

As a side note, don't leave your 3-year-old unsupervised with a large jar of coins...
    coin mech jam.jpg

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Jurassic Park Project Restore

Tonightís job was pop bumpers. Good thing I purchased a spare, as one of the originals had a cracked and broken mount..

Iíve never fully rebuilt pop bumpers before, so it was a good experience to see the massive difference.
    I changed the white skirts to black, as I think it suits the machine a bit better - at least I hope.

Out with the old:

IMG_4416.jpg
    IMG_4421.jpg
    IMG_4420.jpg

In with the new:
    IMG_4432.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information