Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What's your favourite console / games ?

would like to hear some choices for your favourite console ever - and games that tell the reasons. Any era!

Consoles I've owned:

Megadrive

SNES

Playstation

Wii

Gamecube

PS3

PS4

For me, it's a close Final Fight between the 360 and the Wii. Both hackable for homebrew and emulators and both run games off external HDD. Both with a good range of fun titles and both I still play on an almost daily basis.

Single player games the 360 - I have a bit of an addiction to the soccer and basketball series of 2K and PES. BUt Trials Evolution also one of my most-played games of all time. I'm still trying to finish it. The hard sections of this game are absolutely brutal arcade perfection that will make you scream in frustration while at the same time keep you coming back for more. I only recently pulled off a 0-fault Gigatrack after years of trying. (players of Evo will know.)

For multiplayer games the Wii, by a country mile. Wii Sports, Wii Sports resort, Boom Blox, Mario Party, Grand Slam Tennis, Super Mario Brothers / Galaxy with friends or the kids was always great fun. 100 pin bowling never gets old.

Also rans -

the Megadrive kept me going for ages with Sonic series, NHL 95, FIFA, NBA Live, Lotus Turbo Challenge.

The SNES i loved Starfox, Super Mario World, Unirally, Killer Instinct, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country.

Playstation for me was all about Tekken series, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider.

I owned a PS4 for about 2 months but sold it cause I saw nothing new in it, pre-VR. still not interested enough in VR to strap stuff to my face. Possibly too old now.

If I was going to spring for a new console now, it would probably be the Nintendo Switch.

What's your fave console ever and why ?

PlayStation2, hands down.

Decent controller, composite out of the box, easy to hack and use hdd with freemcboot now. Great light gun.

Time crisis 2-3, point blank collection, virtual cop collection, timesplitters, tekken tag, tekkens, final fantasy x, god of war 1-2, gta 3 vice and san, ratchet and clank, mgs 2-3.

My goal now is to own with RGB everything from mega drive / snes onwards. Loving it and I'm finding most systems had their place prior to ps3 / 360, so that includes the Wii.

Going through top 100s and having a go of things that interest and beating the iconic system games. No sports games unless they are arcade games like nba jam that were system specific.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

PC Engine. Great games, was a completely new experience for me.

C64. Grew up with it, awesome sound, great games that I still enjoy to this day.

Master System and Mega Drive. Solid library of games, love the arcade ports.

Saturn. 2D powerhouse, great diverse range of games, love the controller.

Dreamcast. Way ahead of its time, loads of fun games.

Famicom. Endless supply of games, love the coloured carts, prefer the Japanese hardware over the NES.

PC Engine. Great games, was a completely new experience for me.

C64. Grew up with it, awesome sound, great games that I still enjoy to this day.

Master System and Mega Drive. Solid library of games, love the arcade ports.

Saturn. 2D powerhouse, great diverse range of games, love the controller.

Dreamcast. Way ahead of its time, loads of fun games.

Famicom. Endless supply of games, love the coloured carts, prefer the Japanese hardware over the NES.

C64 doesn't count (not a console) or I'd include it too. Awesome library of great games for sure. I still play stuff like Barbarian, IK+, Paradroid. Monty on the Run was the first game i ever stuck with long enough to complete it ☺

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I've owned every Nintendo console of note except the Wii U, and the N64 was by far my favourite. Four games stand out:

Ocarina of Time- best game ever.

Majora's Mask- almost as good as Ocarina.

Mario Kart 64- best multiplayer ever.

Banjo-Tooie- best platformer ever.

Then there's all the other games: Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Lylat Wars, Rogue Squadron, Episode I Racer, Blast Corps, Banjo-Kazooie, F-Zero X, Smash Bros, Tony Hawk, Beetle Adventure Racing. You know it's a great console when games that good are in the second tier.

So hard to answer that question, so many great consoles. I would have to say the snes for all the classic RPG/adventure games:

Dk country

Chrono trigger

Terranigma

Zelda

Final fantasy etc etc.

Then n64 blew me away with games like :

Mario

Zelda

Golden eye

Then jump forward to ps3/4 for greatness like:

Tomb raider

GTA

The last of us

Uncharted

And the list could seriously go on for great consoles and games.