Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Goat shed Em pinball repairs stepper restoration on a Gottlieb woodrail from 1953

Is that couple of teeth missing on the ratchet wheel by design or wear?

Fun job welding those up and reshaping the teeth back in with a file let me tell you.

No that's so the drive pawl can't go any further very common on earlier games. Chicago coin actually had the best idea they used holes around the edge of the teeth and you could rivet a piece over it.

Yes we have often had to file escapement wheel teeth particularly on mid 70s Gottliebs player units.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I've got to say, I worked at Golden West back in the 70's & I never saw one that clean or shinny. Great job you've done on it.

That's because they came from the factory with a slimmy but clear film over all the metal pieces. I suspect it was a rust inhibitor/ lubricant.

It looked like the parts were dunked prior to assembly because there were never any spray marks and the coating was uniform even on internal sides of the mechanisms.

Sorry boys. I guess the factory was interested in preservation rather than being pretty. Don't get me wrong, I like pretty.