Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Another Pinball Road Trip (in the tonna)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fine looking tunna. That will turn heads on the trip. Looks like a WB Stateman passenger door mirror to me.

I was after one from a HX-HZ Statesman but a cable operated one where the knob comes out of the dash. I wasn't interested in a power one.

Turns out the cable passenger version was an option only on HX and HZ statesman caprice and only 6 of this option were ever optioned. Most people just went the electric version as it was significantly cheaper.

They were actually a Cadillac part like the HX-HZ driver's door mirror was but the extra long cables were one offs.

One of those parts I never did get hold of.:realmad:

Fine looking tunna. That will turn heads on the trip. Looks like a WB Stateman passenger door mirror to me.

I was after one from a HX-HZ Statesman but a cable operated one where the knob comes out of the dash. I wasn't interested in a power one.

Turns out the cable passenger version was an option only on HX and HZ statesman caprice and only 6 of this option were ever optioned. Most people just went the electric version as it was significantly cheaper.

They were actually a Cadillac part like the HX-HZ driver's door mirror was but the extra long cables were one offs.

One of those parts I never did get hold of.:realmad:

Yeah

WB Caprice mirrors and door handles both sides. Didn’t like the round look of the HX HZ ones.

I put the HZ cable ones into the HQ Caprice.

I also used the HX Caprice interior and customised the lighting. The Stato rear interior lights added in the corners as well as in the bottom of the door trims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah

WB Caprice mirrors and door handles both sides. Didn’t like the round look of the HX HZ ones.

I put the HZ cable ones into the HQ Caprice.

I also used the HX Caprice interior and customised the lighting. The Stato rear interior lights added in the corners as well as in the bottom of the door trims.

Nice tasteful appointments. I to did the rear quarter lights. The body just happened to have a suitable location for them.

I went the footwell lights myself but used the rear number plate bulb holders mounted to the lower dash that just so happened to have the holes for the rubber grommets spaced correctly.

I also went a full WB Caprice dash and that alone took 6 months to wire and fit. Never do that again.

Here is a good story about the Aussie One Tonner you may like to look over...

http://www.truckjungle.com/2012/02/02/full-history-hq-wb-holden-one-tonner-1971-1985/

Original 1 tonner....

http://www.truckjungle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/HQOneTonredtraywithblokes.jpg

And one after a bit of loving care...

24e97c1bb937b6c5277ecc162c50f3c8.jpg

Nice tasteful appointments. I to did the rear quarter lights. The body just happened to have a suitable location for them.

I went the footwell lights myself but used the rear number plate bulb holders mounted to the lower dash that just so happened to have the holes for the rubber grommets spaced correctly.

I also went a full WB Caprice dash and that alone took 6 months to wire and fit. Never do that again.

Here is a good story about the Aussie One Tonner you may like to look over...

http://www.truckjungle.com/2012/02/02/full-history-hq-wb-holden-one-tonner-1971-1985/

Original 1 tonner....

http://www.truckjungle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/HQOneTonredtraywithblokes.jpg

And one after a bit of loving care...

24e97c1bb937b6c5277ecc162c50f3c8.jpg

Yeah I went the full footwell passenger and drivers sides too.

Original stato.

So interior plus 2 stato rear quarters, 2 footwell and 2 doortrims.

Went the original HZ GTS woodgrain dash. Stuff doing the WB dash , too much work.

Went with WB 4 disc brake setup.

Options are endless.

Time for bed for you, early morning tomorrow.

About time you PBC :lol

What you mean time for bed? Haha.

Another quick fuel stop at Myass early hours after a side of the road nap from 2am - 4am.

e3bf7f25ad4e3f621f14ee9b90ec715a.jpg