Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daytona USA full restoration

State
    Redlands QLD
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)

The diagram above I found to be incorrect with the gear outputs, here is the corrected one.
    If you would like a PCB send me a PM.

Sega Shifter to IPAC.pdf
    Last edited by Ryan555; 21st September 2018 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Adding info

State
    oakleigh victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Australia
    Hi Telonio,

What type of monitor did you end up a buying a 28inch crt tv with scart input or actually a pc monitor with VGA in?,i didn't think they made them that large, have you got a model number or some details i can look into?

Thank you!

State
    Greece
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Greece

It is a pc vga monitor with maximum resolution of 800x600 (or 1024x768 I don't remember exactly). I am running m2 emulator at 640x480 resolution. It is made here in Greece by a company named GD.Tronics. You can send them an email here: gdtronics at gdtronics. com. However, I am sure that the shipping cost to Australia, will be much more expensive than the price of the monitor itself.

DSC03047.JPG

State
    oakleigh victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Australia
    Thanks telonio appreciate the info, i'll look into some specs for now. id' like to try run it in original resolution so from what i am reading around, ill need to find a multi sync or an original monitor that can do 25khz and not sure how M2 work's with emudriver more homework! I know one of the other boys asked the question about the dimensions of the cut outs, i am trying to find an old cabinet at the moment, but i may end up getting it made up, if it ok and i go down that road,, have got a list of the various cut sizes of the cabinet handy. If not don't stress im just thinking just in case i can't source something.

State
    Greece
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Greece

The Daytona cabinet sketch is based in a file that I found somewhere in the internet. However I measured and wrote all the dimensions in my cabinet (which I think it is pretty common worldwide cabinet). Let me know if something is missing in the dimensions.

Please keep in mind that the dimensions are in centimeters and not in inches.

State
    Sydney, AUS
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by yngbld View Post
    Thanks telonio appreciate the info, i'll look into some specs for now. id' like to try run it in original resolution so from what i am reading around, ill need to find a multi sync or an original monitor that can do 25khz and not sure how M2 work's with emudriver more homework! I know one of the other boys asked the question about the dimensions of the cut outs, i am trying to find an old cabinet at the moment, but i may end up getting it made up, if it ok and i go down that road,, have got a list of the various cut sizes of the cabinet handy. If not don't stress im just thinking just in case i can't source something.
    CRT Emudriver and M2 can definitely work together in 25khz!

That's what I'm running in my current build

State
    oakleigh victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Australia
    Hi Telonio , thanks for the reply my friend but i cant seem to see the file attachments for the dimensions, maybe try shoot across via pm if that works, unless Im missing something, appreciate it again cheers

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Croatia
    Talk about dedication. Well done. Looks good so far!

State
    Greece
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Greece

I am back to this project and today I've just found that the hard disk is dead. I replaced the hard disk with a new ssd and I installed windows 7, m2 emulator and Logitech application for the pc wheel and pedals. M2 emulator runs games just fine, also ramjet lights the vr panel with no issue. However, while the Logitech profiler recognizes the wheel and the pedals and I can calibrate them properly, but wheel and pedals do not work when running daytona in m2 emulator. Actually, for some reason, the wheel is deactivated when in m2 game. I have assigned m2 emulator exe in the Logitech profiler but I am smashing my head to find why they do not work inside m2 emulator.

State
    Sydney, AUS
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by telonio View Post
    I am back to this project and today I've just found that the hard disk is dead. I replaced the hard disk with a new ssd and I installed windows 7, m2 emulator and Logitech application for the pc wheel and pedals. M2 emulator runs games just fine, also ramjet lights the vr panel with no issue. However, while the Logitech profiler recognizes the wheel and the pedals and I can calibrate them properly, but wheel and pedals do not work when running daytona in m2 emulator. Actually, for some reason, the wheel is deactivated when in m2 game. I have assigned m2 emulator exe in the Logitech profiler but I am smashing my head to find why they do not work inside m2 emulator.
    I'm sure you have to activate the analog inputs for the wheel, accelerate and brake in the m2 menu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information