Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Need help identifying some old arcade machines!

Hey guys, 80-90s classic arcade gamer here. Missing the old days

Worst thing they ever did was to close down the noisy and fun arcades, and snooker halls, where people and strangers from all over came together to play during the urban wasteland days. Now the cities are busier but no longer fun

Since then I have gone my own way, but proudly own a Golden Axe and a Midway Pigskin 621AD full size arcade machine and plan to buy a Double Dragon and a Radikal Bikers to have in my man cave.

I am new here, but I hope you don't mind me asking about a few arcade games I played back in the day I can't remember the names of

(1) What was that off-road game (not first person) from the mid 90's where you got flushed down the toilet if you lost

(2) What was the car racing game (also not first person) where you would look at the cars on the track. The cars looked a bit cartoonish, and there was a voice that would yell out if things were not going well "this is awful!"

(3) What was the golf game from the early 90's which had a lever you would flick to control the strength of shot?

(4) What was the soccer game in the mid-late 80's that was also in cocktail machine format where you saw the players from above and you occasional you scored a "super goal!"

(5) I also remember a horse racing game (mid-late 90's) where you are the jockey and can view the race from a few first person angles and also from above. You could pick a horse that was a front runner,stayer, or closer type and you had to manage the horses energy by controlling speed.

I hope you can help me out and thanks in advance. I know some of these are pretty hard hence I'm contacting the experts!

Cheers,

Buzzie_Arcade

(3) What was the golf game from the early 90's which had a lever you would flick to control the strength of shot?

I think I know the game you are talking about - was it in isometric view? Wasn't trackball like Golden Tee.

I've tried find it, but for the life of me can't find it. I've only looked on the MAME database though - maybe it's a game not on MAME as rare as that would be.

Try here for the other games, you might need to do a bit of searching: http://mamedb.org/

• Administrators
Thank you Brad - that's one! - four to go!

Cheers,

Buzzie_arcade

I should add that I only played the arcade machine a few times but the Amiga port was perfect and got a massive hammering when mates came over to play. Really great game and hugely popular back in the day.

Brad

(1) What was that off-road game (not first person) from the mid 90's where you got flushed down the toilet if you lost

(2) What was the car racing game (also not first person) where you would look at the cars on the track. The cars looked a bit cartoonish, and there was a voice that would yell out if things were not going well "this is awful!"

(4) What was the soccer game in the mid-late 80's that was also in cocktail machine format where you saw the players from above and you occasional you scored a "super goal!"

(5) I also remember a horse racing game (mid-late 90's) where you are the jockey and can view the race from a few first person angles and also from above. You could pick a horse that was a front runner,stayer, or closer type and you had to manage the horses energy by controlling speed.

(2) Do Super Sprint, Off-Road or Badlands look anything like it?

(5) Final Furlong by Namco? You sit on an IRL plastic horse construct in that though, IIRC.

Might have been Crowns Golf. Looking at the image on KLOV it has the lever but was from the mid 80's. There was one of these in my local Timezone when it first opened in late 1988 but nobody played it so it didn't last too long

@narf

Thanks for your bid, but its not this one. The horses looked more realistic. You could see them from above and they looked elongated, and also could see at first person level.

I don't believe you sat on a plastic horse either - that came came a little later.

Buzzie_arcade

- - - Updated - - -

@buttersoft

(2) None of these - you were a bit closer to the track. I definitely remember the "this is awful" rant - I know it is a hard one! - came out mid 90's

(5) Nahh wasnt final furlong either - didn't sit on a horse.

- - - Updated - - -

@ Player Won

Dude you nailed it! - champion! - thats two out of 5 now - (1) and (4) SOLVED!

I remember playing this at the huge 2nd Timezone that was opened on George street in about 1993 just down from the original one close to the cinemas. It had a huge ground floor and also another level, and security. It was Nirvana but sadly so short lived (maybe 6 months). Unfortunately the development of home consoles killed off a wonderful time in my life.

Within a year or two the only games you could play were poker machines.

- - - Updated - - -

@RMacouley- for (3) nah wasnt Crown Golf - the graphics were much nicer than that, and once the stroke was hit you saw a lot of the flight from above, and there were gaps in trees you could sneak through and reach the green early with the driver on some holes. I remember you also had to try and hit the red zone which gave you extra power, which was hard to do the longer the club.