Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Glass. HD vs PDI vs Invisglass ?

Ando77

Which is better/best ?

Anyone have/seen these side by side ?

JJP Invisiglass, Stern HD, PDI

Most interested in the anti reflective properties.

I'm too impatient for my PDI vs HD question will be answered in a couple of months

METLE has PDI and IMDN will have HD.

HD appears to be currently best priced.

Would be awesome to hear from anyone that has all 3

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Accessories/Standard-Playfield-Invisiglass.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4558

http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

You can add the Vampire glass Lucas sells, it's pretty damn impressive and cheaper than the options listed here (275 for a normal glass, 310 for wide body), but I can't compare as I don't have the other types.

This stuff is pretty much all the same

Its normal tempered $25 glass with an anti reflective coating applied

The jjp stuff is made in the USA and sold to many companies who rebadge it with their own name

Same with pdi or roman glass from the same Europe supplier

My enquiries find its about $65 euro or $100 USD bought in bulk from overseas

This stuff is pretty much all the same

Its normal tempered $25 glass with an anti reflective coating applied

The jjp stuff is made in the USA and sold to many companies who rebadge it with their own name

Same with pdi or roman glass from the same Europe supplier

My enquiries find its about $65 euro or $100 USD bought in bulk from overseas

You’d make a killing Wayne if you brought in a batch at that price.

I have a WOZ with JJp glass right next to a TZ with PDI. When both are clean, you cannot tell the difference. The main thing is keeping them clean. With normal glass, a few smudges don’t really show up due to reflections, but any finger marks on the good glass really stands out. Half strength alcohol does the trick. 397ddcac1f3180edcfecda65f5ea3496.jpg5816f114f91280915c122a208565c36b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half strength alcohol does the trick.

You mean like metho? Do you keep this in a spray bottle?

My issue is that my 2 games with PDI glass are always my dirtiest as I have a bottle of windex I use on all my other glass and they are always clean. I am not sure whether or not Windex is safe on the PDI and am yet to keep something handy to clean these with.

You mean like metho? Do you keep this in a spray bottle?

My issue is that my 2 games with PDI glass are always my dirtiest as I have a bottle of windex I use on all my other glass and they are always clean. I am not sure whether or not Windex is safe on the PDI and am yet to keep something handy to clean these with.

9d095b6f2047ede5cc7a6f2018d9d46f.jpg

I’ve used this on my PDI maybe 50 times comes up great [emoji106] as long as it’s safe on tint it’s fine for PDI [emoji16] looks awesome after a spray and wipe.

9d095b6f2047ede5cc7a6f2018d9d46f.jpg

I’ve used this on my PDI maybe 50 times comes up great [emoji106] as long as it’s safe on tint it’s fine for PDI [emoji16] looks awesome after a spray and wipe.

This is what i use on my PDI glass too. What ever you use must be ammonia free! Otherwise you will damage the coating.

If you have the right lighting you don't need PDI/HD/whatever glass. When you consider what it sells for a sheet, even with a 4-5 game collection you're better off fixing your lighting (cheaper).

Indirect lighting using track lighting is the best way (most cost effective) way to achieve it.

I've got PDI on 4 games that i've bought, in a room with the right lighting you can barely tell the difference.

If you have the right lighting you don't need PDI/HD/whatever glass. When you consider what it sells for a sheet, even with a 4-5 game collection you're better off fixing your lighting (cheaper).

Indirect lighting using track lighting is the best way (most cost effective) way to achieve it.

I've got PDI on 4 games that i've bought, in a room with the right lighting you can barely tell the difference.

Right, but no lightning is gonna reduce the backbox glare ;-)

Right, but no lightning is gonna reduce the backbox glare ;-)

You got halogens in the backbox?

The brightest thing by far is the DMD, and if it bothers you, use one of these:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-DMD-GG-STD

As an owner of the stuff, for mine its a waste of money. Spend <$1000 fixing your lighting and you get 98% as good a result, for every game you own. Plus the ambience of the room is mad too.

Stern Spike backbox lightning is pretty strong.

My point is, some stuff you can't fight, like natural light during the day, and non reflective glass make a huge difference. There's always a slight reflection from the ambient light, it's not a massive glare but it's enough to make everything a bit dull. Once you switch to non reflective glass, you think there's no glass anymore, not only because there's no harsh reflects, but also because everything looks clearer.

I'm not saying this is a good investment if you have more than 5 games, but it sure is the best "mod" ever!

Stern Spike backbox lightning is pretty strong.

My point is, some stuff you can't fight, like natural light during the day, and non reflective glass make a huge difference. There's always a slight reflection from the ambient light, it's not a massive glare but it's enough to make everything a bit dull. Once you switch to non reflective glass, you think there's no glass anymore, not only because there's no harsh reflects, but also because everything looks clearer.

I'm not saying this is a good investment if you have more than 5 games, but it sure is the best "mod" ever!

If your games are in a sun drenched room, i get it. If you own 2 games and they're both in your lounge room, sure. But for anyone with a dedicated pinball / arcade room why would you have ambient light?

Anyway, different strokes for different folks.

The brightest thing by far is the DMD, and if it bothers you, use one of these:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-DMD-GG-STD

As an owner of the stuff, for mine its a waste of money. Spend <$1000 fixing your lighting and you get 98% as good a result, for every game you own. Plus the ambience of the room is mad too.

It isn't just the room lighting either, also playfield lighting plays a big part. Decent playfield lighting with appropriately subdued/placed room lighting has way more effect than tempramental coatings. I was quite inerested when first hearing about this stuff, hearing the hype. After experiencing it in the flesh on many occasions I was like W.T.F. are all these people on about? the reflection is reduced by less than half! ... by the talk makes it sound like there would be No reflection :lol

I agree totally with @sleazius. Room and playfield lighting is crap your "vampire" glass still has an annoying reflection. Lighting is the overall solution. I won't be wasting any money on glass that needs extra special care and money, for no worthwhile result. If it actually did eliminate reflection that would be a different story. But with regular glass and good lighting you cant tell the difference. That is why I won't ever be worrying about this stuff. Way over rated imo.

*Also with the reduced brightness of a LCD colorDmd the DMD reflection is almost non existent anyway compared to a plasma.... if the room and playfield lighting is appropriate.

I have a 3-car garage converted to a gamesroom and looking to do some proper lighting instead of the current fluoro fixtures. It sounds like you're happy with your setup; I'd be very interested in what you've done or suggestions - if you don't mind of course.

I have a 3-car garage converted to a gamesroom and looking to do some proper lighting instead of the current fluoro fixtures. It sounds like you're happy with your setup; I'd be very interested in what you've done or suggestions - if you don't mind of course.

Seems like a good subject for a new thread, don't you think?