Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Logitech Wheel PCB to Sega steering panel PCB (For L2M2)

Ryan555

I have made some PCBs that will make interfacing with the Logitech PCB from a Driving force wheel and the Sega steering panel (eg. Sega Rally) much easier.

IMG_3548.thumb.jpg.2e84dada98034cf1c04942e9fe41b636.jpg

The small PCB is a 3 wire to 4 wire converter, as the gear shifter on the Sega panel had 3 wires connected to it.

The idea was from here

The small PCB is now incorporated into the larger PCB in the photo and connected to the L1, L2, R1 and R2 inputs.

These can be assigned as A, S, D and F for Model2 emu etc. in the Logitech profiler software.

The large PCB replaces this group of PCBs that are from the Logitech steering wheel controls and uses the same plug in wiring.

IMG_3547.thumb.jpg.adb97d82f6dff935e9f9f1cbbdf54866.jpg

Thanks goes to David_AVD for the idea of using Reed relays. By using the Reed relays it isolates the Sega panel from the diode matrix

on the Logitech steering controls so there is no ghost keys pressed etc.

For the inputs on the PCB you just solder a wire to the key that you want and then connect it to a button on the Sega panel eg. Start and Change view.

You could connect up the coin mech as well.

IMG_3545.thumb.jpg.68c16df2bdb27a0f51abbffa68d5f3cb.jpg

The 3rd PCB is just for testing it has all the buttons on it but also could be mounted somewhere for FE menu navigation.

The D9 on the board is for plugging in a Sega Mega drive controller for FE menu navigation too.

The rest of the photos are of the other parts of the L2M2 setup. Note the IPAC, when I started the project that is what I used. The new board above

used with the Logitech profiler software will replace the IPAC. I used two separate boxes to keep the all mains in one box and the low voltage in the other.

Out of the boxes are matching Molex connectors to suit the plugs and sockets of the Sega steering panel.

The MeanWell 24V power supply (IRM-30-24ST) is used in place of the plugpack that comes with the Logitech wheel.

The top most PCB is a Pac Drive for use with Ram_Jet VR software to control the lights on the panel.

IMG_3543.thumb.jpg.d7506a698ef57a9cb9b16a5dc84ca279.jpg

IMG_3536.thumb.jpg.6bcabcb2083db8682890dce106fa7fb8.jpg

IMG_3535.thumb.jpg.db38a1fb9be3f746a735f078cb03fb02.jpg

Edited by Ryan555
Adding info.
  • Like 1

This is so cool and awesome! I'm happy to be a beta tester :) :)

I wish I was smart enough to try and even contribute to something like this.....

Could this be used in conjunction with a JPAC? Since I'm planning on connecting a pc to a crt, the only way I currently know how to do it is through a JPAC which takes the RGBS signals from the jamma edge to the crt (I will have to connect a jamma socket).

How does it deal with pedals of the driving force and the sega pedals?

Finally, when do you expect these to start going on sale?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The board would be independent of the JPAC. If using the JPAC you would just wire the switches on the Sega panel to the JPAC and you could use my Sega shifter to IPAC PCB.

If you wanted to use my interface PCB you would be just using the JPAC for video connection.

As for the pedals they plugged into the Logitech PCB directly, one place is the RJ socket.

• 1 year later...

Nice! I've messaged you about getting a couple. Found you guys through mr_caesar. I started a similar project to him nearly 9 years ago with l2m2 which now I have some spare time I actually intend on finishing!

This is it from 9 years ago...

[video=youtube_share;Zk-lOXoz4fg]

It resurrected the other day... not do easy driving while sat on the accelerator, filming and driving with one hand!

MIght not be as pretty as some of the newer versions, but it works. Think I was one of the first non gamover members or French speaking person to translate the gamoover post before Google translate was any good (remember babblefish?) and got the boards printed myself from the original design image.

Couldn't be more pleased with this tube seeing as it was in a cab sold as seen in a wooden daytona

QPh27bn.thumb.jpg.1f2f72f4ac5235a5f5e54ea9f2b3c6fe.jpg

22v9zj1.thumb.jpg.1bc007350d701d3b3be2a3b7b8a69be2.jpg

I'll post about my full build once I've got everything! Looking forward to actually getting it all together!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I have a new interface PCB to suit the Logitech driving force steering wheel and a L2M2 PCB.

There is also mini joypad that maybe handy to mount somewhere it comes with a 1M ribbon lead like the original one.

The Interface PCB is $40 plus $10 for postage. Manual here:https://mega.nz/file/u45FVA5R#zbuOSo...mQZKx3esnWl4hw

The mini joypad is $15 plus $10 for postage.

The original joypad is $20 plus $10 for postage. See post #1 for pictures. Has all buttons and a connection for Sega Megadrive controller.

PM me for payment info.

924999716_L2M2interfacev2.thumb.jpg.3aacdeacee7604658eb9c4559e6624eb.jpg

1589362364_L2M2interfacewithleadsv2.thumb.jpg.89c27e0c13c52fb6224855500275d03b.jpg

794657632_Joypadmini.thumb.jpg.c2e8b14ec7f80df3a7e14514133026be.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ryan, it's my first post here and it's to congratulate you. Wonderful job! I sent you a PM to order a shifter PCB.

You wrote that:"If using a Logitech steering wheel the board can be run off

the same 24V plug pack.". Could you explain how you do that please?

Not sure how handy you are with wiring and soldering but one way would be to buy or make a DC barrel socket Y lead with DC plug on the end to go into the G27 and the other connection of bare wires to go into the shifter PCB. If too hard you it should be ok just to get separate power pack to run the shifter PCB. I'm guessing you are using the G27 and the Sega gear shift for games run off a computer? What game is the Sega gear shift from.

That Y cable should work as long as the G27 is a 2.1mm barrel connection, sometimes it could be 2.5mm. I'm not familiar with Sega ST-V era of games. Is there schematics for games gear shifter to see if it will work with the shifter PCB.