Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LAI Frogger upright - Seeking information

Hi all,

Firstly, I was recommended to come to this site from Arcade Museum.

A few years back I purchased an old LAI Frogger upright and got a bit of use out of it before I noticed the screen display would expand and contract over time. About a half hour to get it to 'warm up' and get to full size, even slightly overs, before shrinking back down to about an inch from either side.

I've finally got to the point where I'm looking to get it up and running properly again, however I'm seeking more information about the LAI cabs. Looked everywhere and had never seen the same artwork documented.

Am wondering whether there's much point going all out and restoring the thing completely. Does anyone know how many of these were rolled out and how many are still kicking about?

Kind of curious about the whole LAI history (all I really know is that they're 'Timezone'), and whether the hardware setup differs from the original Konami machines.

Have attached a photo (clear as I can get with my phone camera) of the front of the machine in case anyone's interested. Happy to take some snaps of the inside. I actually have the original schematics manual for it as well.Frogger.thumb.jpg.e0dc918b1592019aae731752c85e617a.jpg

That's dammed cool ,yes more photos please of the artwork, is there some side art? I think these are called coffin cabs ala Pacman era standup cabs. Leave it exactly the way it is imo. Can take the chassis out and get it serviced by Jomac .

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I don't think it's a coffin cab they have a square edge taper , that ones angled ,nice

That's dammed cool ,yes more photos please of the artwork, is there some side art? I think these are called coffin cabs ala Pacman era standup cabs. Leave it exactly the way it is imo. Can take the chassis out and get it serviced by Jomac .

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I don't think it's a coffin cab they have a square edge taper , that ones angled ,nice

No side art on it, unfortunately. Not sure if it ever had any, as far as I can tell.

1123190919_Froggermachineside.thumb.jpg.5205b056140b5a0a2553d50946edf155.jpg