Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

I’ve been offered an old slot machine

Hi all,

Pinball is my thing, so this is a bit out of left field.

A colleague at work who knows that I’m into pinball has offered me an old slot machine that they’ve had in the shed for years.

I’m looking for some information and maybe some pics of what it looks like, as it’s a big job to get to it apparently.

I asked her to get any details she could so what I received is:

5 slot

Atlas Excel

“Atlantis”

10 cent mechanical

There’s very little online, especially on Aus machines.

Can anyone provide any links, pics or info?

I was told that is was working (well, probably when it went in the shed!).

Thanks!

Mike.

Before you do this be advised that it's illegal to be in possession of a poker machine in Victoria unless your a licensed venue, having said that I had one dropped of at my place to service & repair.

You need to know straight up that no manufacture will sell you spare parts or supply any data or information as it's an offense for them to do so.

You will just need to work your way though it & make any parts you may need.

Thank you, NANNY STATE OF VICTORIA.

THREAD HIJACK....

I have a non-working Slot Machine.

10c, 4 Reel, Inca Sun.

I can't get it working and I know it's all there.

Any volunteers to look at it?

we now return you to the original thread :)

Bring it down to my next Pinball meet in March 2019 or get @Timbo to drop it off.

THREAD HIJACK....

I have a non-working Slot Machine.

10c, 4 Reel, Inca Sun.

I can't get it working and I know it's all there.

Any volunteers to look at it?

we now return you to the original thread :)

there were a few inca suns made, the early version is all em and you will be able to get that working. if it's the later version with the printed circuits inside you will never get it to work as the parts can't be found.

..now back on track.

to the original post, get the pokie, the one you mentioned are very rare.

Before you do this be advised that it's illegal to be in possession of a poker machine in Victoria unless your a licensed venue, having said that I had one dropped of at my place to service & repair.

You need to know straight up that no manufacture will sell you spare parts or supply any data or information as it's an offense for them to do so.

Yer very hard to get parts for Aussie slots, So would need a wreck in most cases.

Much Easier With vintage USA slot machines, there are plenty of guys who repro parts for those.

I like USA slots better than Aus ones, they just look cooler, the fact they often have repro parts Is icing on the cake

often though with EM slots the greese is all dried up and so thats often the problem as to why they dont go more often than not thankfully.

there were a few inca suns made, the early version is all em and you will be able to get that working. if it's the later version with the printed circuits inside you will never get it to work as the parts can't be found.

yer if they have boards best to stay away from those ones, they often had a board or chip removed that made them impossible to get going again with out it.

Bring it down to my next Pinball meet in March 2019

Second thread hijack....sorry!

:041:

Soon as you know the date mate, please let me know!

Consider us there! In the usual accommodation if that's still ok?

We now return you to the original thread :)

It's all EM. No boards in it at all :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bring it down to my next Pinball meet in March 2019 or get @Timbo to drop it off.

Your on :), I will chuck on the back seat....

You do know they weigh a heap.

If you can lift one on your own, your doing good.

Pull the mech out. Easier to move the mech and body separately.

- - - Updated - - -

Last one I looked at as mentioned the grease hardened up, flooded it with WD40 and all good.

Like a pinball machine, it will eventually gum up again and be pretty messy. Ideally you'd want to get rid of all that and use sewing machine oil, and there's a a couple of pivot points that require grease. The Aristocrat service manual describes it all pretty well :)

The last one I did a couple of years ago was mostly grease gone hard but it also had a coin slot feeding issue & that took time to sort, Really needed some new bits but I got around the problem in the end. Haven't heard any more from the owner so I assume it's still going good.

Your on :), I will chuck on the back seat....

If you can get Timbo to drop it off when he's through next, it will give me time to look at it. If it's not a basket case and I fix it, you could take it home when you leave my Pinball meet.

- - - Updated - - -

Second thread hijack....sorry!

:041:

Soon as you know the date mate, please let me know!

Consider us there! In the usual accommodation if that's still ok?

We now return you to the original thread :)

Should be the same weekend as the last two meets (Shots, Shots,Shots) So the Computer say........March 23rd 2019. I'll post it up.

Also you reserved the penthouse for the next 5 years...:lol

Edited by Gemini2544

Yep, thanks. Am aware of the rules. :cool:

I could also tell you that it’s an ex-copper who has it, apparently one of many that were ‘removed’ from venues in the North Melbourne area many years ago. :o

I was interested to know a bit more about it as I don’t have a lot of space, and may offer it to one of my AA brethren if I can’t fit it in anywhere......

Mike.

• 2 months later...