Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Rally pc conversion

State
    Redlands QLD
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    Did you have the 24V plug pack plugged in as I noticed the FFB LED is not lit in your 3rd photo.
    I will have a PCB soon that will make connecting the L2M2 to the wheel much easier, make sure you keep the wiring.
    The pedals should connect to the RJ connector on the Logitech PCB. I plan to do this part soon so I will let you know if it works or if the original pots on the cab will need changing.

State
    Sydney, AUS
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan555 View Post
    Did you have the 24V plug pack plugged in as I noticed the FFB LED is not lit in your 3rd photo.
    I will have a PCB soon that will make connecting the L2M2 to the wheel much easier, make sure you keep the wiring.
    The pedals should connect to the RJ connector on the Logitech PCB. I plan to do this part soon so I will let you know if it works or if the original pots on the cab will need changing.
    No I didn't.

Where is the FFB LED? I plugged in the 24V plug pack but did not see any LEDs. I'm not sure if all JST connectors need to be plugged in though to get the LED to come through.

I'd be interested in seeing what your PCB will look like and if it makes this whole process easier, I'm all for it!

State
    Redlands QLD
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    The LEDs are on the Logitech steering wheel. They are unmarked. One lights when the USB driver is loading and the other lights when FFB is enabled. Maybe you haven't enable FFB in the emulator or setup somewhere? I will see how I did it and get back to you as it been I while since I did that bit.

State
    Sydney, AUS
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan555 View Post
    The LEDs are on the Logitech steering wheel. They are unmarked. One lights when the USB driver is loading and the other lights when FFB is enabled. Maybe you haven't enable FFB in the emulator or setup somewhere? I will see how I did it and get back to you as it been I while since I did that bit.
    On the actual wheel?

If so, that makes sense since I removed everything except the pcb.. Looks like I need to disassemble the wheel again lol.

I didn't set ffb anywhere.. I managed to get the wheel and pedal to work, but ffb was not configured at all.

I know ffb works as I tried it on GT3 on the ps2.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

State
    Redlands QLD
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    I'm sure the wheel will be fine. I will need to check later but I think you set the FFB in the setting for the game or the ini file.
    In the ini file look for:
    [Input]
    XInput=0 ;Enable support for Xbox360 compatible devices
    EnableFF=0 ;Enable Force Feedback Effects

State
    Sydney, AUS
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Both L2M2 boards now soldered up! (only need one for now, which is fortunate since the second L2M2 is missing a few components)

I'll wait to purchase the insulation tabs before I install the transistors onto the heatsink.

I'm hoping to get my chassis from Jomac sometime this week so I can hopefully get some power to the cab. I really hope the step down transformer is still operational. Will find out soon.

L2M2 kit courtesy of Ray - thanks again! And of course Andy/homepin who made it all happen as a kit

L2M2 soldered up... I really hope I didn't install any components in reverse!

The back view.. As clean as I could solder..

Next steps:

- crt chassis and power to the cab
    - work out what I need to connect

State
    oakleigh victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Awesome work so far!

Keeping a close eye on this thread as it is something I'm just starting to source parts for myself, great timing to cross reference this build, so i have the model 2 complete steering panel/ Logitech driving force gt pedals on their way and trying hard to find an old cab , Sing out if any ideas :-), however stuck on on the l2m2 board any chance I get some info on where/how I can get my hands on one of this guys?. :confused

State
    Sydney, AUS
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Andy made them and unfortunately he has no more.

I was fortunate when I put a WTB post and ray was able to provide me 2 kit boards.

We should ask Andy to do another run... I'd be happy to buy another couple of sets.. I know redback needs a couple more..

Pair it up with Ryan's kit.. And we have a very "plug and play" solution

State
    oakleigh victoria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Definitely i'll be needing one not too far away, ill see what I can muster up.. I'll try revisiting with Andy and keep you posted if anything eventuates in the meantime looking forward to keeping an eye with the build Cheers for the reply..��

State
    Sydney, AUS
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Just completed more procurement

JPAC - to connect the vga from pc to the crt (unfortunately it's the only way I know at the moment as this is the way I have my groovymame setup)

Jamma edge harness - to connect the jpac to the cab, will take care of video and possibly a couple of additional buttons for FE management

Daytona 2 dashboard with the VR panel - hoping the dash is in better condition than my current one, but I'm not sure if it's a straight swap without modification... I'll find out when it arrives. The dash was a bonus since I mainly purchased for the VR buttons.

Finally, the pac-drive to manage the vr buttons with ramjet's software.

Hopefully by the time these arrive, Ryan's pcb will be ready for sale to make life much easier connecting the L2M2 to the logitech to the steering module

Fun times!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information