Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVII - Game 2 ~ Bank Panic (closes 30-Sep)

Don’t shoot the innocent …

MGLXXXVII – Game 2 ~ Bank Panic

iyxbOFS.png

Nominated by gamers: BandontheRun and Ragequit

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: BankP

Game Story:

You play an old west law enforcement hero who must protect a bank from robbers while allowing citizens to make their deposits. The screen scrolls left or right with three doors on-screen at a time with one fire button for each door.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 30 September 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed. Please note you can start the game from any level you wish (1 or 3 or 6).

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … It’s a trap …

46vBcXW.jpg

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Moderator

Not much

I remember being old and slow last time we played this 4 years ago. Not much hope for me now.

I'm a trigger happy Bourbon swilling cattle rustler

See high score chart for steady improvement lol

bank0014.png.9dddfbd7e680a4495b862051fcd8f5f2.png

Does playing this game from the beginning mean you must start on level 1 with 0 bonus points?

Good question, you can start the game from any level you wish (1 or 3 or 6). I have added this statement to the game rules.

:)

Sorry for being a noob, but can someone please post detailed instructions on how to play this game? There's just too much going on, on the screen for me to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do. All I'm doing now is moving a few doors to the right and shooting the bad guys, but I'm lucky if I break 50k in the process. Perhaps if I understand what I'm supposed to do, my scores will increase a hell of a lot higher then they are now. There have been some great "walk-throughs" on games in the past by players here. Maybe someone has one that they can share with those who haven't been able to figure out the game on their own. I'm sure I'm not alone. This game looks like it could be a lot of fun, but after 3 games, I'm already frustrated as hell! Thanks!

Sorry for being a noob, but can someone please post detailed instructions on how to play this game? There's just too much going on, on the screen for me to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do. All I'm doing now is moving a few doors to the right and shooting the bad guys, but I'm lucky if I break 50k in the process. Perhaps if I understand what I'm supposed to do, my scores will increase a hell of a lot higher then they are now. There have been some great "walk-throughs" on games in the past by players here. Maybe someone has one that they can share with those who haven't been able to figure out the game on their own. I'm sure I'm not alone. This game looks like it could be a lot of fun, but after 3 games, I'm already frustrated as hell! Thanks!

Day 1 is a bit too early for tips! but watch the Demonstration a couple of times, I havn't played for years & that helped me a little cause you can concentrate on whats going on without having to react :)

Day 1 is a bit too early for tips! but watch the Demonstration a couple of times, I havn't played for years & that helped me a little cause you can concentrate on whats going on without having to react :)

I found something on Wiki believe it or not. I've been at it for about 2 hours now and I'm right around 100k (with the 60k bonus). My only problem right now is that I keep shooting the good guy who's wearing a shirt or vest that's green. One of the enemies also wear's "green" so I react to quickly when I see the green and usually shoot the good guy. :headbuttwall:

By the way, what are those yellow lines above the square boxes? There's a red bar that moves up and down within these yellow lines.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135573[/ATTACH]

:sm1:

Now that's some hand-eye coordination.

- - - Updated - - -

373720928_SMK_bankp_172950_wolf106.png.32d53e716e16298aa802a445205d7740.png

This game is growing on me rapidly.

Already figuring out strategies. Just realized if you actually *wait* a sec or two before shooting the enemy the second he appears, you actually get more points instead of shooting immediately after you see him come from behind the door. That only awards you 100 pts. Although I'm sure at the higher levels it's all about survival so shooting the enemy the second you see him is probably the best way to go. So close to getting another extra man.