Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kogan 43" 4K Series 9 MU9000

Jed

Question

Has anyone had any experience with this tv series hardware used in a vpin ? I have one locally advertised for $250 close to me and still under warranty.

Reviews seem pretty good and i am not expecting gold standard from this price point but for a 4k panel it seems pretty good and it should drop straight into my williams widebody without even debezeling.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

2 answers to this question

Kogan TVs are a bit of a mystery as there's no info on whether they remember their power state. I've tried contacting Kogan directly but even if you can explain it to them sufficiently they still come back with a "we don't know" type answer.

Try contacting the seller and see if they can turn it off at the wall then on again and tell you if the TV turns back on and stays on. I recall ringing a guy up to ask about his TV on Gumtree and when i asked if he'd do this he refused as "I don't want to risk breaking the TV"........

At the end of the day, if it's just aroudn the corner from you then go check it out - especially for that price.

Kogan TVs are a bit of a mystery as there's no info on whether they remember their power state. I've tried contacting Kogan directly but even if you can explain it to them sufficiently they still come back with a "we don't know" type answer.

Try contacting the seller and see if they can turn it off at the wall then on again and tell you if the TV turns back on and stays on. I recall ringing a guy up to ask about his TV on Gumtree and when i asked if he'd do this he refused as "I don't want to risk breaking the TV"........

At the end of the day, if it's just aroudn the corner from you then go check it out - especially for that price.

After more reading online, there are far more terrible reviews than good ones for this 4k model. It got discontinued pretty quickly, mainly due to (i think) the fact the panel drops to 30hz when displaying 4k content! That's fairly shagged.

There's the argument that kogan use LG and Samsung panels so they must be good. But the panel is only as good as the processing boards driving it, and in this case (and many kogan tv cases) it seems to be seriously underpowered. As always you get what you pay for.

Possibly would be ok if you were just using it as a tv (no 4k content).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app