Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sugar

It's great that people are making an effort to change bad habits.

But there is no way you can get enough calcium from nuts seeds and greens. If you really must avoid dairy then you should ask your doctor about calcium supplements.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I think this is what we’ve been indoctrinated into believing but many millions of people around the planet do not consume milk like we do and have low fracture and osteoporosis rates. I’ve heard Chinese people think Caucasians smell like milk it’s so foreign to their diet. My understanding of supplementing calcium is that you can swallow pills but if you don’t absorb it you’re wasting your time. You need the right ratio of calcium to magnesium and other cofactors, and resistance training is needed for the body to use the available calcium into bones.

^^^ all this.

Just because humans have made a habit and industry of drinking cows milk, doesn't mean it's good for you.

A doctor has written a book called 'dont drink your milk' which is worth a skim at the very least. (Made a milk funny there. )

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Drink-Your-Milk-Frank/dp/1479601659

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I have developed osteoporosis over the last few years. My last bone scan was worse than ever and I have been put on six monthly Prolia injections to help fix it.

This could be due to genetics but recent research is pointing towards calcium loss in sweat during my endurance cycling Marathons.

Osteoporosis is a scary disease for a mad mountain biker who like to ride fast :)

But I am doing all I can to reverse it. Impact exercises, calcium in my diet and vitamin D and K suppliments. Just started calcium supplements for my long rides when I can't get enough in my diet to make up for sweat loss.

I have done heaps of study on bone health and IMO calcium levels in your diet is very important.

Yes you can find conflicting information to all good health advice if you look hard enough.

Sugar

I have developed osteoporosis over the last few years. My last bone scan was worse than ever and I have been put on six monthly Prolia injections to help fix it.

This could be due to genetics but recent research is pointing towards calcium loss in sweat during my endurance cycling Marathons.

Osteoporosis is a scary disease for a mad mountain biker who like to ride fast :)

But I am doing all I can to reverse it. Impact exercises, calcium in my diet and vitamin D and K suppliments. Just started calcium supplements for my long rides when I can't get enough in my diet to make up for sweat loss.

I have done heaps of study on bone health and IMO calcium levels in your diet is very important.

Yes you can find conflicting information to all good health advice if you look hard enough.

Thanks for sharing. I’m sure you’ll get on top of it. You could try this stuff in your water while riding, or just generally.

https://www.rnareset.com/products/recalcia-calcium-solution-8-1-oz?variant=34780721991

The creator has a couple of ebooks on Amazon about the products.

Sugar

What about using Dextrose instead, It's not made from cane sugar, it's used in home brew beer.

Dextrose is still a simple sugar and will do the same as glucose.

I use dextrose tablets when I’m having a hypo(low blood sugar) as it raises my bgl very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugar tastes so damn good but!
Yeah. it's the biggest change/sacrifice i had to make as i loved cakes, biscuits, lollies, and general high sugar crap.

So much depends on your genes though. My Grandma lived to 106 with little to no health issues and she did nothing good for you. Stacks of sweet wine and chocolate and 4 sugars in her tea! Even in her late 80's and 90's she was still demolishing 2x5L casks of fruity lexia p/fortnight.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app