Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

29" CRT In A Sega Initial D III

Autosteve

Question

Just getting this car cab ready to move on and well good news is it is working perfectly with a good sharp picture however I think the red may be a tad to high and is bleeding into the white in the monitor colour test screen.

Simple, turn down the red and it should be done. Well there is no RGB pots on the neck board or the chassis that I can see so now I'm asking, where the hell are they or is it the case on these tubes you do literally just have the brightness, contrast and the two adjustments on the EHT only and any adjustment for controlling the red would have to be a set resistor or cap change?.

6 answers to this question

Looks like it should be Toshiba R-1781

Apparently these things have some type of service menu but bugger all info about it

A couple of threads on other forums around about struggles finding a digital extended menu for adjustments

@Jomac has the chassis on his website, might be worth asking him for some insight.

No idea if one exists or the guys in these threads assume one exist. They were mentioning holding menu button for 10 seconds - not sure if thats with the standard menu already up.

Someone else in the thread mentioned a special pcb remote board needed to configure extra settings

All sounds like hearsay haha .. joey will know i reckon

No idea if one exists or the guys in these threads assume one exist. They were mentioning holding menu button for 10 seconds - not sure if thats with the standard menu already up.

Someone else in the thread mentioned a special pcb remote board needed to configure extra settings

All sounds like hearsay haha .. joey will know i reckon

Yep there is a hidden factory /service menu , I helped the guys from Team Neo-Arcadia make some new controls that plugged into the existing connector so you could access everything.

You can adjust Geometry , Color gains & cut-offs , sub contrast etc .

There were a stack of them made and sold and then the guy who was making them stopped, meanwhile people all over the world are still wanting them so I decided to make some minor changes and have started making them again. ( People in the arcade industry were constantly calling me to borrow my controls to setup their monitors ) , I am not doing these for a profit and only charging $25 + postage to fix an issue that should have never happened to start with.

They are not complex to make and the original controls can be hacked to do the same thing but most people don't want the hassle, although it's needs to be known that you can overdrive these monitors well out of spec using these controls and cause same major chassis damage and if you are one of the unlucky ones you can physically cause the tube to arc and blow the neck of the tube just above the deflection coil clean off.

So anyone who wants to play with these, my advice is to adjust what you need to and don't play with the adjustments you don't need to touch.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick addition , all the digital Toshiba monitors have this hidden Factory / Service menu including these models. ( the same controls work on all these models plus several others )

D29C051 ( New Net City Cabs & Egret 3 early revision )

K29CQ50

R-1781 ( Initial D 2 , 3 & 4 )

PB-9929

PD-1843

PD-2367

PD-7209 MT3

PD-6643 MT2 & 3 , MarioKart 1 & 2

Edited by Jomac
more models

I have an Initial D with a D29C051 that had a similar issue.

To access the extended menu I modded the remote board following this simple guide. https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Toshiba_PF_D29C051

Joey says the same controls work on the listed models, so unless I am misunderstanding what Joey is saying, this should work for you.