Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PVM BVM TVS - Any surveillance/rgb monitor

Hi everyone,

looking for a surveillance monitor with bnc rgb input to make a little supergun testing area.

Open on sizes, from 9" through to 15"+. Hard to work out prices when i do find them, 9" PVM are around $150 on eBay but trying not spend too much if possible.

Anyone know a good place to source these?

Like the look of the PVM monitors by Sony, came across a TVS surveillance monitor on gumtree which is also nice but not sure if it's still for sale.

Thanks.

I remain astonished at the prices people are asking for old pro sets. For the larger ones it can almost make sense (save that broken one on gumtree for $250 - i mean, come on.) I'd love to know if the 9040 and the older ome units are actually selling when priced at $200.

It might be cheaper and easier to grab almost any old 14" set and hack RGB into it.

Done many RGB mods buttersoft? I had never seen it before so thanks for the info.

I have a nice 24" Panasonic that is only composite so it's something i'm looking into now.

I don't need a professional setup so if it works out it will be perfect.

Haha and I've been waiting on the guy to message me back, I lost hope for it a few days ago though. Have fun with it.

The Panasonic is a 25" (got it wrong before) TC-25V35A Chassis C150A

Been all over the shmups thread on modding, getting my head around it but not sure how far i can go as i can't find a service manual.

I've had the back off but haven't fully taken out the boards yet to see what it has. Thought i could see a toshiba jungle ic TA8844N but it might be something else.

You’ll likely find that it operates almost exactly the same as the 8845 chip. Just a matter of finding out the RGB and blanking pins.

Should be able to trace them from the micro controller’s RGB out and blanking lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Thanks for your help but I'm afraid it's a little out of my depth. If it was a unit similar to others that have been done I'd have a little to go off but i can't even find a proper schematic or TV manual.

I have this for my IC but i'm not even sure if i'm on the right track.

RGB.thumb.png.9aeca0cba34de4ec0cf789e0e91accb0.png

Looks like it's a 9" pvm for $200 for me