Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Shipping container sheds. Anyone done this?

If you are going to build a retaining wall you might want to consider installing some cooling tubes underground to keep the container cool.

https://pangeabuilders.com/cooling-tubes/

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=earthship+cooling+tubes&oq=earthship+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i65j69i60l2j69i57j69i61.15347j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Heaps of designs and plans on the web

Where we have a holiday house down the NSW south coast a two story house built solely out of 40ft shipping his just popped up . I have got to say I am impressed with the looks of it .

Recently I run into a council inspector down there and was having a chat . He said that he did not really care what people done to there places , a sigh by me as I did not put in plans for a new larger veranda , but if someone makes a complaint then he has to take action .

• 7 months later...

The landscaping has been done awhile now. But the landscapers left it I. An uncertifiable state. We are going through the process with QBCC of an official complaint. Not only is it not certifiable but they broke stuff and refused to repair AND overcharged us for the privilege. I’ll post some photos later. Plus a video. Not easy to see the quality of work in the video but you will get an idea of the size and shape of my future man-cave (and possible dog house :D )

The pics I posted before you can see the crane truck. We were going to get him to move the container but his truck tipped over and was written off infront of the PA hospital! Luckily he’s ok. So we are hunting Round now for a crane and if we’re really lucky it will be in place by this weekend :)

A topic close to my heart, i live in a container house that's sited inside a 480m2 warehouse where i run my business.

To save posting a bunch of pics look at the build link, i bought two new 20' high cubes, packed all my shit from my house in one and all the shit from my warehouse in the other left the missus and dragged the whole sorry lot over to the north coast of NSW.

I live in a beautiful climate near Coffs, a tilt concrete insulated roof high shed so don't have an air conditioner or a heater. The house/office still breaks into three transportable units, but if i had it in the open i'd put a big high span roof well and truley over the top of it with lots of overhang.

Unit owes me about 30k i reckon and i would easily get that back i think.

https://www.stilldragon.org/discussion/2140/new-office/p1

Was a great adventure and i'm really proud of it, especially now it has all the cool pinnies in it.:cool:

officepaint12.jpg.11a01096f99868a65ee4fd1f4cb1a957.jpg

Teaser in case someone didn't want to click the link.

DoItSay'sPunkin

Yeah, helps having the perfect climate. Sitting here now in a trackie and thongs, the doors open and it's nice. If i had it in the open i would have lined it with 10mm freezer panel for insulation and stuck a reverse cycle aircon in. I don't even own a heater, a clothesline or lawn mower for that matter, left it all back at the house in Tamworth i gave her.

The link for the video doesn’t seem to work but you can just search cropper bros landscapes on YouTube to find it. Here’s a pic of the general layout. It’s hard to get an idea of the project from one pic though. But you can see the five sleepers we’ve put on the ground for the container to rest on :)

975580D6-B86C-4959-8169-FB510B021DFA.thumb.jpg.ed54e27bc8886ebc77e48e8e0e8e464e.jpg

The link for the video doesn’t seem to work but you can just search cropper bros landscapes on YouTube to find it. Here’s a pic of the general layout. It’s hard to get an idea of the project from one pic though. But you can see the five sleepers we’ve put on the ground for the container to rest on :)

I watched your video last night Danny, shocking workmanship. We are getting quotes from builders for renos. They first thing we do is hit up the QBCC website to look for infringements. We had one builder who contacted us and we got a really bad vibe from him. Casey went and looked him up and he had created 19 companies within the last 10 years and all of them had infringement notices. He was just shutting down companies and then creating new ones to avoid lawsuits by the looks of it. We told him we would not be proceeding with a quote.

There are some dodgy, dodgy operators out there and it's so easy for them to rip people off and then there is almost no way to chase them unless you are willing to lawyer up and spend the money.

That's what they do with the thin 20mm coolroom panels. If you go to a container yard and stand in the highcube and then walk into a regular container you'll apreciatte the difference, but what ever floats your boat and it's in now. You can't touch the ceiling in my place even if you jump up and down, and they are not that much more for the 18" of headroom.

That's what they do with the thin 20mm coolroom panels. If you go to a container yard and stand in the highcube and then walk into a regular container you'll apreciatte the difference, but what ever floats your boat and it's in now. You can't touch the ceiling in my place even if you jump up and down, and they are not that much more for the 18" of headroom.

It's not so much 'what floats our boat'. We had no idea there were different heights so there was no conscious decision made.

We did a bit of work on the shed (no longer can it be considered a container) Jo organised the inside because well it looked like a bombshell hit it! But now I can start to see how it will be laid out eventually. Jo stressed me out so much messing with my shit I forgot to take a photo :D

Tomorrow hopefully as long as my slave drivers allow me to leave work while there's till daylight...

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm, neighbour say a snakey looking dude was nosing around on Friday. She asked if she could help. He reckoned he had run out of fuel. Clearly a load of bollocks as we are at the end of a cul-de-sac. I think maybe some stupid crackhead sniffing around for something to take to Cashies :D

Thing is, our nearest neighbour has Cctv as does another just up the street. Still makes me nervous. Hope we get a home loan soon so we can actually build a house to go with this shed!

Did a bit more work on the shed yesterday. These stirrups, top and bottom and pointing sideways will hold roughly 3.8 metre long timber. Above the roofline it will form the posts for handrails. Between the posts and roofline a gutter will sit on the stirrup posts, feeding into a small water tank, and the part of the 3.8 metre posts down to the ground they are a decoration to break up the look of the container. I'll grow vines on each post :)

IMG_20190915_152320.thumb.jpg.3120307875f8f43a77cd5e7f5acc5ab8.jpg

IMG_20190915_153320.thumb.jpg.c8066e47a653d1fa465b5f072955474e.jpg