Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Star Gazer - 1980

Seeing there were only 869 machines made, I would say there would not be many left, I have found that the ones in Australia the girl on the playfield has a tassel on her knee, the ones I have seen from the US she does not, I don't know why, I think @Ballywannabe yours has a tassel, so does mine, the one in your link does not?, so how many were made with this difference?, who knows.

As for John Greatwich, he has made the playfields and back glasses for the Stargazer, I was emailing him for a overlay since 2011, which he said he could do and was going to let me know when they were printing the playfields next, I missed the boat when the playfields were done, because John was talking about printing a overlay for me.

I have tried to contact him a few times since and had no response from him since May 2016, I pretty much gave up on getting the playfield sorted, that's why I was going to do a re art for the playfield in the same theme. done by a airbrush artist but with more realistic art.

I don't think there are any playfields left from the first run, I look every now and then, but don't seem to see any for sale.

There was a guy who made a Stargazer from another machine, I remember reading about it, maybe on pinside?, he bought the back glass, playfield and plastics, I remember seeing pics of it finished.

Here is the link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stargazer-crazy-project