Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

monitor convergence?

jaredjames

Question

Moving on to another project The picture on the screen is slightly blurry

i adjusted the focus and it didnt help i then noticed on the menu screen the selection box

dosnt line up properly and am thinking the convergence rings might have been bumps while moving it

any thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135337[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

moncon.jpg

9 answers to this question

I don't think it's a convergence issue either, more likely the colours are over driven combined with a tired chassis/tube, but as buttersoft has noted, it's very hard to tell what the issue is with such poor quality pictures. What's the chassis and tube combination being used?

ok i put a differant tube in and the picture is better but still has the same problem with the lines sticking out from the

edge of the selection box

it has a bit of horizontal pincushion distortion could this be causing the problem?

how do i fix the pincushion distortion? i heard you can use magnets

You say over driven i think thers some color drive pots on the neck board i could turn down

Pincushion is not fixed by magnets, if anything it will have a pot to adjust, and it won't be pincushion that's causing the problem.

As John noted, those streaking white lines are probably being caused by overdriving a tired chassis on tired tubes, one worse than the other. Those drive pots are like contrast adjustments for individual colours, and turning them down is a good spot to start. Try lowering the brightness too. Those trails should shrink as you turn things down.

If you can't find a useable balance of brightness and streak-free image, you either need to try rejuvenating the tubes, which depends on finding someone with a CRT rejuvenator and risking killing the tubes completely, or you could think about servicing the chassis. Jomac is good at that, and will perhaps count NZ as a domestic repair (he doesn't do international).