Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 11 Game 4: Scared Stiff (Closed)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, sry forgot to put that in

does the VPX vers work on VPX1.4? As i havent updated to 1.5 and prob wont, I have finally got all the tables that I like working and dont want to stuff around with updating if its going to throw out any of those tables.

does the VPX vers work on VPX1.4? As i havent updated to 1.5 and prob wont, I have finally got all the tables that I like working and dont want to stuff around with updating if its going to throw out any of those tables.

I said this earlier in the thread, "BTW, I have to run this in Visual Pinball 10.4 as I had problems with balls going through ramps and disappearing into opbjects."

Obviously I meant objects, not opbjects.... but yes it runs on what I assume you are calling VPX1.4

I haven't seen any issues myself on any table from using the latest 10.5 update.

I know i'm usually a bit slow to find new tables but did y'all know that there is a version of WOZ out now playable ? It's not bad, a work inprogress, but pretty good fun. Uses UltraDMD plus an apron display.

I haven't seen any issues myself on any table from using the latest 10.5 update.

I know i'm usually a bit slow to find new tables but did y'all know that there is a version of WOZ out now playable ? It's not bad, a work inprogress, but pretty good fun. Uses UltraDMD plus an apron display.

Except Ghostbusters

I had jack of the VPX version of this so i installed the VP9 (I never do that) anyway here is a VP9 score. This version plays way easier, although crate shot is harder, would be nice to have something in the middle.

If you can be bothered to rainman that massive left ramp opening you could go forever.

7351c20fa2bb9d847552321ef957d92f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Wob

VPGL 11 Game 4: Scared Stiff

@Dedrok over to you, vp9 now [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Haha.

Yeah I loaded up for a game but getting lockups again so need to check ram again.

1.5 Bil and I was over it.

Quickest way is get Scared Stiff and monster jackpots are 1m, then rape the ramps for a couple hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dedrok

Haha.

Yeah I loaded up for a game but getting lockups again so need to check ram again.

1.5 Bil and I was over it.

Quickest way is get Scared Stiff and monster jackpots are 1m, then rape the ramps for a couple hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keeping with the theme of the table.. You have way more "stamina" than I do..

This table gives me the shits, the audio annoys me, waiting for every stupid dead head to show on the DMD gets old fast, can't hit the stupid crate reliably on VP9, I'm not sure I can be bothered to revisit.

Haha, it could very well be the later, but I think this table would shit me anyway, not much I like about it.

Yeah, it's not a game i load up from choice either but there's plenty worse DMD era games. The vpx version is frustrating those slings are a nightmare, personally i think they need to be dialed down a bit to save a zillion drains, would be nice.

I'm not tempted to try the vp9 version though, vp9 feels like a video game compared to the sim that is vp10.

I'm keen to get FX3 going on the cab now they have the B/W licenses and support cabinet mode and repositionable dmd and bg, Yowza ! Now we have something resembling decent Internet at the new place i can even do steam stuff again [emoji3]

I gave the new williams FX3 tables a bash last night, I have fx2 but not really a big fan. The new physics on the Williams tables is pretty good, still not perfect but HEAPS better than the fx2 physics. The tables play much harder than the VPX equivalent, probably more true to real machines.

DMD is working ok using legacy mode with dmdext, backglass support is still crap, it only supports static images despite the fact they render a nice backglass off screen that you can hold a key to look up at.

It's a huge step forward for Pinball FX, I think the 3 tables (MM, Junk Yard and Getaway) are worth the $15 fee. (fishtales is free), but I'll probably still play the VPX offerings first as they currently don't easily support SSF, Backglass, or colour DMD, also the nudging is not as good as VPX. I'll maybe give them a lash if I want a little more difficulty.

The other issue is getting multiple player games going requires navigating the menu or creating new launch options, you can't just hit start a few times.

The one thing it did for me was highlight how good VPX is, with all its moving parts, for open source it plays up (if not better in some areas) than payed products like FX3.

Wob

That's a bit crap not supporting multiplayer! I've never been much in love with MM (yawnfest of middle shots) or Junkyard, and the vp10 Getaway is so good, i probably won't spring for this first pack, just take the freebie. Can't wait for some of the others though. Good to hear on physics, even more true to life is excellent!

Even though people have raved how good the sims are in virtual reality, strapping screens to my face to play pinball isn't something I'm in a hurry to do [emoji38]

Physics are good, but still not perfect, the ball on ball physics still seem off, they lack weight, surprised how similar they are to VPX actually.