Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams Pinball Classics Join Pinball FX3 - Medieval Madness, Fish Tales, Getaway, J

ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma

Question

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my GFX card then! I'll probably get a GTX 1060 3GB as that is all my budget allows for. Hopefully that is enough to run everything including the new VPX tables which I still am yet to dive into.
1060 is faster than the 1050Ti so you should be fine, especially if you are running at 1080p I have no issue with VPX tables, but I don't run AA on any of those

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@Wotto interesting find, my understanding is that classic mode comes with classic physics, so should feel more "real" I'll have to try non classic, I just skipped straight to classic. Maybe they are simulating super rubbers on the flippers?

Yeah its weird......the CLASSIC mode plays better( more realistic ) overall - just them flippers......I mentioned it on ZEN forums and Zen acknowledged what I was seeing was correct re the rubber bounce in Classic mode ( a dead bounce sees the ball bounce up near the boat past the big fish for example ! ). If they would take the white flippers from ZEN mode version and shove em on CLASSIC version then its game set and match IMO.

Williams Pinball Classics Join Pinball FX3 - Medieval Madness, Fish Tales, Getaway, J

Wait until these are released on Oculus Rift VR. That IMO is as close to the real thing as possible (currently) when using a dedicated Pinball PC controller.

The Stern Pinball Arcade games work well on my rig. ACDC is fantastic in VR. Can't wait to play MM and the like. [ATTACH]137209[/ATTACH][ATTACH]137210[/ATTACH]

IMG_0021.thumb.JPG.9fea1249779dacc14d829c9e1d7196a7.JPG

IMG_0022.thumb.JPG.fc1f06899baef49cd586c3350d8270cf.JPG

Gave normal single player mode a go, I see what you mean re flippers, they seem a little too dead in that mode, somewhere in between would be nice.

It plays much easier than classic, single game I got just shy of 300 mill, took me ages to have a good game in classic mode.

Despite the super bouncy flippers classic will be my choice for now, do you have a link to your post, I'd like to follow our comment to post for a fix.

Off topic a little, does anyone have a nice way to navigate the menus? I don't have arrow keys on the cab so the menus make me get a keyboard.

Wob

Off topic a little, does anyone have a nice way to navigate the menus? I don't have arrow keys on the cab so the menus make me get a keyboard.

Wob

You can launch the tables direct from PinballX frontend. You just need the right launch paramters in Pinballx. The details are here: https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/19676-pinball-fx3-setup/

You can launch the tables direct from PinballX frontend. You just need the right launch paramters in Pinballx. The details are here: https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/19676-pinball-fx3-setup/
Thanks for the reply, I do that currently, I can skip the post game menu's ok, but it would be nice to be able to navigate those if need be.

Also interested in how people are thinking about multi modes (single, classic, 2 ,3 ,4 player, etc), only thing I can think at the moment is a heap of wheels with different command lines associated. Would have been nice to just let the rom handle 1-4 players

Thanks for the reply, I do that currently, I can skip the post game menu's ok, but it would be nice to be able to navigate those if need be.

Also interested in how people are thinking about multi modes (single, classic, 2 ,3 ,4 player, etc), only thing I can think at the moment is a heap of wheels with different command lines associated. Would have been nice to just let the rom handle 1-4 players

Yeah it would be nice if Zen enabled us to change the navigation keys in the program so you aren't restricted to using up down left right etc.. And yeah, I'm not sure how you can launch the different versions of the williams tables? Can that be done with a command line switch at all? ie. Choosing classic or normal single player?

Zen studios are still paranoid about people using cabinet mode codes in commercial sales of pincabs. I got the same response from fx2 back then.

I'm assuming you guys have all jumped through this zen hoops unless you're installing cracked versions containing cabinet mode.

Email starts:

---------------------'

Hi there,

Congrats on building a cab and thanks for filling out the form!

Can you please send me a photo of what you are using to play Pinball

FX3, whether it be a virtual pinball cabinet or simply turning your

monitor for vertical orientation?

I just need to verify that this is not for public use.

Thanks in advance!

Zsofia

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Zen studios are still paranoid about people using cabinet mode codes in commercial sales of pincabs. I got the same response from fx2 back then.

I'm assuming you guys have all jumped through this zen hoops unless you're installing cracked versions containing cabinet mode.

Email starts:

---------------------'

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

Zsofia

I got the same email, from the same sender :) When I did it for FX2 I was still building, my pics where of my computer's screens set up for bench testing and all my cab hardware (legs etc), this time around my finished cab (highlighted no coin slot and "mini" size) got the code in both instances.

I can't really understand it, you'd think that any cab that was commercially produced containing fx3 would be a plus for them. More customers potentially downloading their packs. I'm tempted to ask why they *dont* want their software in commercial products. I can only assume they think FX3 in a cab could give the customer the impression the cab builder has licenced their product.

I'm also wondering if The Pinball Arcade's practice of crowdfunding every.damn.release of B/W tables cost them the partnership. Always thought that was a very suss way to continue to produce a product when you're already making money from sales. Unless, B/W was squeezing TPA so dry on royalties they were forced to crowdfund new releases.

Zen have a cabinet of their own, maybe going to grow that sector? But they have been glacial in cab support, no animated backglass FFS, so who knows.

Email starts:

---------------------'

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

Zsofia

Yeah I think everyone gets that email when you apply for cab support. I had to send a photo of mine. Thing is you could send a photo of any random cab, photo really doesn't mean anything. You could even be a commercial vpin builder and have a warehouse full of cabs and still send them a single pick of a cab in the corner of your office and it would look like a home cab! It's a weird thing to ask for.

I would assume their license agreement only allows for personal home use so they have to try and ensure that is adhered to.

Yeah I think everyone gets that email when you apply for cab support. I had to send a photo of mine. Thing is you could send a photo of any random cab, photo really doesn't mean anything. You could even be a commercial vpin builder and have a warehouse full of cabs and still send them a single pick of a cab in the corner of your office and it would look like a home cab! It's a weird thing to ask for.

I would assume their license agreement only allows for personal home use so they have to try and ensure that is adhered to.

Yeah, i agree a pic doesn't mean much.. Though Zen could always do a reverse image search on your pic using something like https://www.tineye.com/ to see if you're just sending someone else's pic of a cab you found online from a build thread somewhere. I wouldn't put it past them!

Agreed, I played his AFM recently and it will be hard to beat, both visuals and physics in it are awesome.

Latest High Speed also plays and looks very nice, last 6-12 months seems to have seen a big leap forward in VPX.

Wow. Just got this loaded on my crappy old Dell OptiPlex 990 (i7) with a GT1030 and it seems to work fine on FT and I have a FT machine to compare to and am very impressed. Have thought about getting or building a VP machine as I don't have space for too many machines and this has helped my thinking a lot.

Thanks