Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Williams Pinball Classics Join Pinball FX3 - Medieval Madness, Fish Tales, Getaway, J

State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

I have a 4Gb 1050Ti in an old i5 (3440?) I just left the video setting as it decided they should be 1920x1080 with 4xAA on and it plays fine, I have the Williams tables and played the free Sorcerer's ones and they all played fine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wob; 12th October 2018 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    613 Post(s)
    Same as above........GTX1050, I7, Win 10 - all FX tables play stutter free.

- - - Updated - - -

Observations.
    I just played FT FX3 and then went straight out and played a game of FT on VPX.
    I play on desktop- not in a dedicated cab

Graphically Williams FT on FX3 is just miles ahead of any other program for clarity, depth of colour etc.
    FX3 FT plays a hell of a lot quicker than VPX. You wouldnt notice it unless you jump from one program to the next immediately though.

FX3 FT in Classic mode ( the version that loads with yellow flippers ) - the flipper rubbers are just stupidly WAY too bouncy, which considering the talent and time that ZEN have invested and the fact they are actually 'pinball guys' is rather surprising and a let down IMO

FX3 FT in FX3 mode ( Single Player ) - ( the version that loads with white flippers ) - plays noticeably better with much better flipper rubbers. I understand people dont like the extra graphics ( fisherman casting and sling plastics rippling etc ) but they aint much and this version IMO plays best and pretty damn good.

Like ALL sims though - there is still a little 'something' that just hasnt been perfected. But these seem fairly good so far

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1425 Post(s)
    I'm still trying to download it successfully seems like 4G internet is adversely affected by the almost non-stop rain of the last few days.

Can't complain though, NSW getting rain is good in anyone's language..

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1425 Post(s)
    Update, finally got it downloaded and installed.

Set everything to max ie 8x MSAA and 1080p and Fish Tales (the free table) runs flawlessly in desktop mode but then again it should on a 970GTX.

I've requested the unlock code for cabinet mode, i'll do some fullscreen testing when they send it to me.

FT looks amazing though, and plays and feels really good. Graphics are light years ahead of VPX in terms of the environment mapping and shading.

Given there is Force feedback of sorts happening with the gampad vibration motors, maybe something could be done to use this in a cabinet somehow..

State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    @Wotto interesting find, my understanding is that classic mode comes with classic physics, so should feel more "real" I'll have to try non classic, I just skipped straight to classic. Maybe they are simulating super rubbers on the flippers?
    @Jed apparently you can get SSF with a pup pack and doflink, yet to try it though

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my GFX card then! I'll probably get a GTX 1060 3GB as that is all my budget allows for. Hopefully that is enough to run everything including the new VPX tables which I still am yet to dive into.

State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuzza View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my GFX card then! I'll probably get a GTX 1060 3GB as that is all my budget allows for. Hopefully that is enough to run everything including the new VPX tables which I still am yet to dive into.
    1060 is faster than the 1050Ti so you should be fine, especially if you are running at 1080p I have no issue with VPX tables, but I don't run AA on any of those

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    613 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wob View Post
    @Wotto interesting find, my understanding is that classic mode comes with classic physics, so should feel more "real" I'll have to try non classic, I just skipped straight to classic. Maybe they are simulating super rubbers on the flippers?
    Yeah its weird......the CLASSIC mode plays better( more realistic ) overall - just them flippers......I mentioned it on ZEN forums and Zen acknowledged what I was seeing was correct re the rubber bounce in Classic mode ( a dead bounce sees the ball bounce up near the boat past the big fish for example ! ). If they would take the white flippers from ZEN mode version and shove em on CLASSIC version then its game set and match IMO.

State
    Poodegrah Vic
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)

I'm finding on the PS4 using my pinsim that there's flipper lag with the Williams tables only (like the lag on Pinball Arcade on PS3). Weird cause none of the other games on FX3 have flipper lag.

I'll have to experiment a bit more.
    The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

State
    Sunshine Coast, QLD
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

Williams Pinball Classics Join Pinball FX3 - Medieval Madness, Fish Tales, Getaway, J

Wait until these are released on Oculus Rift VR. That IMO is as close to the real thing as possible (currently) when using a dedicated Pinball PC controller.

The Stern Pinball Arcade games work well on my rig. ACDC is fantastic in VR. Can't wait to play MM and the like. IMG_0021.JPGIMG_0022.JPG

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information