Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams Indiana Jones pinball machine gun trigger solenoid troubleshooting

wilNDpb93

Question

Hello. This is my first post. I hope some kind soul can help me solve a problem that I'm having with my Indy PB machine. I have been unable to play it for what I suspect is a weak solenoid that's activated when I pull the gun trigger trying to get a ball in play. Balls go up only so far up the trough before stopping and returning to start. If it is a weak solenoid what can I do to fix it? You cannot play it if you cannot get the ball in play. HELP!!!

2 answers to this question

First thing I would check is it a mechanical issue... Eg, something that the plunger is rubbing on or is it aligned incorrectly so it doesn't hit the ball square?

Also, run the coil multiple times in the coil test and check that the behaviour is consistent. Coils don't normally go weak for no reason, normally one end of the mount gets moved around somehow which means it loses power or it has heated up for some reason and the plunger can't move as freely.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

So you mean it doesn't get to the shooter lane?

If you mean it gets to the shooter lane but doesn't launch properly when you pull the trigger then you may need to take off the apron and check the mechanism

It's common for the bracket to break at the spot welds, this will affect its launching strength

Also while your there check that the correct coil is installed