Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tomorrow is Retro Tuesday !

Greetings Retro Friends,

This is your friendly reminder that tomorrow night is our Retro Tuesday Meeting - 7:30pm on the 4th September at Wadham House. Check out http://www.retro.asn.au for details. There's plenty of tables available for you to set up. Power points are a little scarce so bring extension cords and power boards with you.

This month theme is Blue. Could be almost anything - blue console - blue protagonist - blue in the name - unhappy - be creative.

During the announcements there will be a "Show and Tell" segment so bring along something to show off - perhaps something you've recently purchased for your collection. I'm also going to try a new segment though the announcements don't really need to be any longer than they already are :-)

Last month we used the projector and ran a high score competition using the 2 minute Caravan Mode in GunHed on the PC Engine. It was good to see that everyone had a go with Robert as the eventual winner with a score of 148240. This month I want to show that Caravan Mode "is a thing" and that it's built into the ACA games on the Nintendo Switch so I'll have my Switch connected to the projector running the 5 minute Caravan Mode in Metal Slug 3. As this is a 5 minute challenge if everyone has a go - and with the announcements - the projector will be busy all night so I'm not bringing the portable arcade console this month.

This month's Game of the Month is Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole (SMD). If you haven't played it yet then make an effort to do so before the meeting. We'll have a brief discussion on it, compare notes and see who got the furthest. We also have to vote on next month's game. I have randomly chosen five games for us to select from. They are Galaxy Force II (SMD), Light Crusader (SMD), Super Thunder Blade (SMD), Paper Mario (N64), New Adventure Island (TG16) - you might want to check them out before the vote.

Please bring a $3 contribution to help us pay for the room.

If you have a 3DS bring it along to StreetPass with all us Nintendnerds.

Please join the discussion on Twitter @RETROTuesday and Facebook.

Hope to see you all there - everyone welcome.

Retro Mal

• 4 weeks later...

This month's Game of the Month is Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole (SMD). If you haven't played it yet then make an effort to do so before the meeting. We'll have a brief discussion on it, compare notes and see who got the furthest.

Retro Mal

Ahhhh Landstalker! Greatest Action RPG of all time! Landstalker is the reason I bought a PSP early on, then the remake was cancelled.... :'(

I have never forgiven SEGA for not making the Saturn sequel that we were practically promised at the end of the game. Lanstalker was one of the games I was happy to play in Japanese once I could tead it. LUNAR I&II on the MEGA-CD were no.1.