Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

21 Inch CRT Convergence & Orange Glow

Hi. I'm not sure where else to even post this but since you guys work on arcades I assume you know a thing or 2 about CRTs. I have this CRT TV 21 inches, the convergence was horrible on it and I've managed to do the best I could with it by adjusting the rings. I think it looks a lot better now and assume it can't get any better than this without permalloy strips.

There's one concern though, when I power off the set it sometimes happens immediately or can take a few seconds, but there's an orange glow that you can see moving and focusing into the center in a kind of odd shape. Sometimes it has some blue and moves around into it and turns orange. If I power the set back on the orange will disappear as soon as I hit the power button and it starts the hight pitched CRT whine.

I'm just wondering is that dangerous and have any other sets done it as it seems to be working fine apart from that.

Thanks. Here are pictures attached.

20180407_001532.thumb.jpg.116b95d1510a8295984128e7b90b8ec4.jpg

20180407_042433.thumb.jpg.5184dd7346c07cd5788e5cfbcd110a2f.jpg

Edit, the bottom image is rotated 90° for some reason but it gives you the idea. That will slowly fade away and be completely gone after about 5 minutes.

Edited by steocullen91
Additional info