Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 195

Thread: AUSTRALIAN Coke Vendo 56 Square-Top Machine

  1. #181

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    State
    Morwell, Victoria
    Posts
    2,541
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    832 Post(s)
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by kdog View Post
    Ouch, glad I passed on it then. Is this some kind of special frame?
    Yeah itís a pretty flash frame and itís double matted and it is going to have the special anti glare glass which added to the price, she actually rounded it down to $600 it was $650 because we get a bit done by them.
    It was the missus who decided to go fancy with it because she wanted to do it for my birthday which is coming up soon so who am I to argue.
    If I was paying for it I probably would have gone a cheap basic frame.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

  2. #182

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    State
    South Australia
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1966 View Post
    Yeah it’s a pretty flash frame and it’s double matted and it is going to have the special anti glare glass which added to the price, she actually rounded it down to $600 it was $650 because we get a bit done by them.
    It was the missus who decided to go fancy with it because she wanted to do it for my birthday which is coming up soon so who am I to argue.
    If I was paying for it I probably would have gone a cheap basic frame.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice to know the missus isn't miffed about your obsession with pinup girls

  3. #183

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    State
    South Australia
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Australia


  4. #184

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    State
    Morwell, Victoria
    Posts
    2,541
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    832 Post(s)
    Australia
    Thatís actually not bad even if you take into consideration the cost and of importing it into Australia.
    Youíd be mad not to get it
    Youíve got the bug bad havenít you lol
    Once you start it becomes an obsession doesnít it


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

  5. #185

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    State
    qld
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1966 View Post
    Yeah itís a pretty flash frame and itís double matted and it is going to have the special anti glare glass which added to the price, she actually rounded it down to $600 it was $650 because we get a bit done by them.
    It was the missus who decided to go fancy with it because she wanted to do it for my birthday which is coming up soon so who am I to argue.
    If I was paying for it I probably would have gone a cheap basic frame.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yer framing is bloody expensive, they rip you are every turn.
    I had a bunch of stuff framed recently, not even in fancy frames, I was crying when I received the bill.
    , standard Black frame on a music poster was $500.
    A distressed white frame for a vintage circus poster, the prick smacked me with $550.
    The bill came in at $2k, Missus was not impressed lol neither was I.

    Im in the wrong industry, Not like its hard todo, I should have done the frames my self

  6. #186

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    State
    Morwell, Victoria
    Posts
    2,541
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    832 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1 View Post
    Yer framing is bloody expensive, they rip you are every turn.
    I had a bunch of stuff framed recently, not even in fancy frames, I was crying when I received the bill.
    , standard Black frame on a music poster was $500.
    A distressed white frame for a vintage circus poster, the prick smacked me with $550.
    The bill came in at $2k, Missus was not impressed lol neither was I.

    Im in the wrong industry, Not like its hard todo, I should have done the frames my self
    Bloody expensive isnít it, I get nervous every time I walk in there now lol
    And Iíve still got a heap of Chico roll posters to do as well


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

  7. #187

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    State
    South Australia
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1966 View Post
    Thatís actually not bad even if you take into consideration the cost and of importing it into Australia.
    Youíd be mad not to get it
    Youíve got the bug bad havenít you lol
    Once you start it becomes an obsession doesnít it


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sleep with one eye open. You might wake up one day and find a few things missing....

    Actually, that pinup really doesn't appeal to me. Yes, I have it bad, but I have to be selective in what I buy because there is so much out there I could spend my funds on smalls, and not be able to buy the stuff I really like.

  8. #188

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    State
    qld
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1966 View Post
    Bloody expensive isn’t it, I get nervous every time I walk in there now lol
    And I’ve still got a heap of Chico roll posters to do as well


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yer its F--ked
    I have at least 20 signed band tour posters still sitting in cardboard tubes, amazingly beautiful posters, I Really want them framed but It kills me to think of the price to have them framed.
    @ the price they charge Id be looking at $10k for frames. its insane
    Im making the next frames my self.

    I have a thing for posters, A few times ive seen some lovely vintage posters and Ive had to remind my self, To walk away because of the framing cost alone, I let a great coke pinup poster slide a while ago.

    certainly worth spending a few bucks more on already framed posters.

  9. #189

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    State
    nsw
    Posts
    1,500
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)
    Australia
    I have a framed leo geoghegan poaster and a framed brisbane pinball masters shirt yes it is not cheap but if its well done and good quality its worth it
    live between the flip and the tilt

  10. #190

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    State
    South Australia
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by jason1 View Post
    Yer its F--ked
    I have at least 20 signed band tour posters still sitting in cardboard tubes, amazingly beautiful posters, I Really want them framed but It kills me to think of the price to have them framed.
    @ the price they charge Id be looking at $10k for frames. its insane
    Im making the next frames my self.

    I have a thing for posters, A few times ive seen some lovely vintage posters and Ive had to remind my self, To walk away because of the framing cost alone, I let a great coke pinup poster slide a while ago.

    certainly worth spending a few bucks more on already framed posters.

    Yeah, thats why I didn't buy that Coke "Now for a Coke" pinup that Rob1966 got. I loved that it was an original 50 plus year ad and could be verified as such from the maker on it, but I knew framing it would make it not worth it.
    Last edited by kdog; 2 Days Ago at 08:26 PM.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. coke machine
    By general_grievous in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20th April 2012, 03:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •