Thread: AUSTRALIAN Coke Vendo 56 Square-Top Machine

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdog View Post
    Can you explain what the cold box is. Is is the whole compressor compartment, or a part of the fridge unit etc?

Sigh, and I was feeling so happy about finally finding one of these machines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    276 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwodie View Post
    what an interesting thread didn't know anything about the coke mafia
    Had no idea myself, if your keeping it for home use I wouldn't think that there would be a problem.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tye3333 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks tye3333. I thought that might be it. Dammit, now I have to get it abated.

State
    nsw
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    Mine has those 2 plates missing, although that is not uncommon. To be honest, I thought about sourcing those plates form a roached machine and adding them for authenticity. I know I can buy the Vendo plate repo from Fun-tronics in the US.

For all I know, my machine is from NSW, or QLD etc. Seen a few variations over the years.

State
    Morwell, Victoria
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)
    Donít worry about all the crap involved just enjoy your machines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

State
    bunbury WA
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1204 Post(s)
    Years ago i worked in retail and coke rep abused me for storing lunch in bottom corner of coke owned fridge.

Prior to that they wernt amused work had their own fridge with coke products combined with shweppes (60c cola was the bomb) and shweppes labeled fridge so they demanded work replace it with their own

Thats when i learnt they are anal retentive
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1966 View Post
    Don’t worry about all the crap involved just enjoy your machines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I will enjoy it, but I still have to deal with the Asbestos issue.

State
    我不想乱跑,但我确实想戒&#25
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    997 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by narf_ View Post
    Years ago i worked in retail and coke rep abused me for storing lunch in bottom corner of coke owned fridge.

Prior to that they wernt amused work had their own fridge with coke products combined with shweppes (60c cola was the bomb) and shweppes labeled fridge so they demanded work replace it with their own

Thats when i learnt they are anal retentive
    Yer they tried this crap with My Burger shop also, they would make you buy the Products that didnt sell to fill the rest of fridge, They Hated none coke stuff in their fridge fair enough, But they got upset about having Chocolate bars in there, and the fact they would make you buy shitty products that didnt sell was what got up my goat the most, They would only give you ok prices on Coke if you bought their other crap. Which ended up not being a very good deal when you have a bunch of product that didnt sell.
    At the end they got told to shove their three door fridge, I could get coke 600mls cheaper from My regular suppliers than I would from direct from coke them selves, Other than coke 600ml bottles that ended up being the only Coke Product I sold in my store, no Sprite no Fanta or any of that stuff as they pissed me off so much. the rest of the other flavors were pepsi Products, Like Mt dew, 7 up and so on, which sells just as much as Sprite and those Coke brands, Pepsi were great to deal with, didnt act like the Mafia when they came in and gave better prices than coke ever did.
    The local supplier who I got my coke from Had their own fridges so I didnt lose a fridge By dumping cokes fridge, Plus I got a pepsi fridge as well and I never had issues with them Bullying me around. I did have coke 600ml in the pepsi fridge and the rep was fine with it.

Most of the other stores in town converted away from Coke fridges as they all had trouble with the way they acted.
    So yer Coke are bullies, they dont play fair.
    there is not much point dealing with coke them selves if your an independent retailer.

Now since selling my burger Business a few years ago, I only have vending machines but I buy coke by the pallet but still dont buy directly from coke.
    Coke reps are pricks.

I will say the only nice thing coke did was give me a free Coke Neon sign as a peace offering in an attempt to change back, the neon is in my home still in box and I still didnt buy back with them.
    Other than the rep getting a bit of a hiding from head office for loosing some clients, over all Coke doesn't care as your considered small in their eyes, which is true But still not a reason to conduct business like that.
    Last edited by jason1; 3rd September 2018 at 01:02 AM.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Coke, the Apple of the beverage industry.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information