Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

HS2: Mars/Beacon lamp and motor issue

judgeboz

Question

My Getaway HS2 has an issue with the Mars/Beacon lamp and motor. It doesnt work. I put it in test mode and nothing - not even the bulb lights up. I have swap soleniod driver boards and no change. I tested the voltage it gets from the soleniod board (J105) and its 10v. I also tested the plug just before the motor and it tests 10v. I did see a flash from the bulb a few times but not often. I checked the 2 small mars/beacon boards and reflowed the solder and no change. Fuse on the triac board is good too.

Is 10v the correct voltage - can some one please with a Getaway please check and let me know.

Regards

John

3 answers to this question

My Getaway HS2 has an issue with the Mars/Beacon lamp and motor. It doesnt work. I put it in test mode and nothing - not even the bulb lights up. I have swap soleniod driver boards and no change. I tested the voltage it gets from the soleniod board (J105) and its 10v. I also tested the plug just before the motor and it tests 10v. I did see a flash from the bulb a few times but not often. I checked the 2 small mars/beacon boards and reflowed the solder and no change. Fuse on the triac board is good too.

Is 10v the correct voltage - can some one please with a Getaway please check and let me know.

Regards

John

I can check out the voltages on mine tomorrow arvo when I get home mate.

All working now. Big thanks to @andy7272 for comparing plugs on the soleniod driver board from his HS2 to mine. We found a few plugs where in the wrong place.

The Getaway with a working beacon makes a huge difference during multiball.

Glad we were able to fix it mate. Definitely not the same without the beacon working. Hope to catch up soon.