Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hello from Southern suburb of Brissy

Hello all, Grant here from Brisbane. In the early 90's I was a small time operator with a run of about 20 odd machines. Had a mixture of video and pins, (mainly pins) and had most of the good titles going around back then.

I reflect back too that time in my life quite often and how much fun I had and also how much money some of those machines made in a week. (Street Fighter 11 and Addams)

Was thinking of buying a few pins maybe for home, mainly for fun, but was also thinking how they would go sited now.

Would love to hear from current operators and their ins and outs and if anyone thinks pins will make a bit of a comeback as they did late 80's early 90's

Pins are well on their way to making a massive comeback. Brisbane is currently one of the best cities in Australia for large pinball venues. You have Netherworld and the Pinball Haus in the Valley. Pincadia was open at Wooloongabba, but has had issues with insurance after a kitchen fire, we are all hoping they open again soon. 1UP Freeplay arcade is at Morningside and has a ridiculously large collection of original arcade games plus 17 or so pinballs.

Down on the Goldie you have multiple Timezone venues with a stack of pinballs, including all of the latest Sterns. John (a member on here) runs the Pinball Grotto with a great selection of machines.

There are also heaps of small scale venues with one or two machines all over the place. Many of the local craft breweries have a pinball or two.

Basically, if you play pinball, Brisbane is the place to be!

Edited by namastepat

Was going to go to Pincadia the other Saturday with the family for a feed, few beers and work the pinnies only to find out it is closed till further notice......Bummer

Hi Grant and welcome

they had a fire earlier in the year :(

They should reopen soon!

- - - Updated - - -

The signs of a decent comeback are sure there, but I just wonder about it taking hold with the current younger generation.

We attribute it to the growth of "barcades" or Bar arcades. Basically a pub geared towards gaming where alcohol and funky cocktails are served, mostly themed, and where a lot of pinball machines and arcades from the youth of the patrons are on display. They get to play the consoles and arcades they used to have growing up, rediscover pinball and discover the latest machines, while drinking.