Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

08/04/2019 Streaming Pinball @ The Basement

poster-8x12-tune-in.thumb.jpg.1c034700149fc0696c1489c936128feb.jpg

Lyndon was kind enough to let me stream GotG from the Australian Pinball Museum last week. I'll be heading back out tomorrow night, but what to stream? So many choices... I've set up a form so you can vote for which machine you'd like to see me stream next. I'm still figuring out all the logistics, but I'll try to accommodate requests in upcoming streams.

Head to http://twitch.tv/ajfclark, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details.

Edited by ajfclark

TZ.....:xNext title please:sleep lol

Thanks for popping in. Sorry that TZ wasn't interesting to you.

I chose TZ for a couple of reasons. I've not played it much and have never really enjoyed it when I have. I see it regarded highly in terms of price commanded and rating on top 100 lists etc yet almost everyone I know says they hate it. So I was interested to spend some time to get to know it a bit better.

I've played it a bit more, and know The Thing[emoji769] now, so I understand both points of view better. It was an interesting coincidence too that my listening as I drove home last night was catching up on Slam Tilt Podcast with an old episode Josh Hates Twilight Zone.

I haven't had a huge response to my request for input on what to stream next, but I'm leaning towards the more unusual in the collection like Zaccaria Devil Riders. You've obviously got some ideas though, you should pop them in the form and I'll see what I can do in future:

You can fill in a form for when I'm streaming from the Australian Pinball Museum (https://goo.gl/forms/NjJ4zHKvYwxwiYEw2) or from Home (https://goo.gl/forms/VNjfbGftcqykdNnr2).

Edited by ajfclark
Added URLs

Nar, all good Andrew.

I pretty much watched the whole stream and those short ball games lol - in future, slam your fist onto the glass, out of frustration!

So what were your thoughts?

Do another test next time, by taking it out of Free Play and insert coins instead - then you'll walk away.

I've yet to register my details on twitch - hence the correspondence here.

Will place a vote - especially the pinnie to your left, of last night's TZ gameplay.

I think playing for score, TZ would be dull if I had the consistency to hit the shots, particularly the right orbit with the Powerball.

Playing to get to the wizard mode might still have some charm, but the various cheap drains might get to me, especially the slot machine kickout. Maybe I just need to play better though.

Either way it won't be in my collection any time soon and when they have freeplay nights at the museum I'll likely play something else. I can see why others like it, and I'll still play the occasional game, but I'll need to be in the mood for that kind of thing.

Josh Sharpe has some good ideas about what's wrong with TZ in the episode I linked, about halfway through in the "games I like, games I hate" section. It's a shame they didn't implement something more like his ideas for fixing the Powerball mode.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]134830[/ATTACH]

Taking a break from driving to Nhill and lost a lot of work time yesterday attending a rescue, so I'll be streaming from home this evening... Space Station has the most votes so that's what I'll be playing. Will be interesting to see how it looks on stream with the new LEDs, especially for Condition Green mode.

Live on Twitch, Tuesdays 6pm - 9pm + other random times | http://twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details.

Thanks for popping in. Sorry that TZ wasn't interesting to you.

I chose TZ for a couple of reasons. I've not played it much and have never really enjoyed it when I have. I see it regarded highly in terms of price commanded and rating on top 100 lists etc yet almost everyone I know says they hate it. So I was interested to spend some time to get to know it a bit better.

I've played it a bit more, and know The Thing[emoji769] now, so I understand both points of view better. It was an interesting coincidence too that my listening as I drove home last night was catching up on Slam Tilt Podcast with an old episode Josh Hates Twilight Zone.

I haven't had a huge response to my request for input on what to stream next, but I'm leaning towards the more unusual in the collection like Zaccaria Devil Riders. You've obviously got some ideas though, you should pop them in the form and I'll see what I can do in future:

You can fill in a form for when I'm streaming from the Australian Pinball Museum (https://goo.gl/forms/NjJ4zHKvYwxwiYEw2) or from Home (https://goo.gl/forms/VNjfbGftcqykdNnr2).

I quite like Twilight Zone.... it might just be that the "haters" tend to be most Vocal. Not everybody hates Widebodys, or pauses in "flow", or challenging shots :lol

:)

I quite like Twilight Zone.... it might just be that the "haters" tend to be most Vocal. Not everybody hates Widebodys, or pauses in "flow", or challenging shots :lol

:)

I'm still undecided and could use more time on the game. I did walk away from 3 hours on it liking more than when I started though.

I really liked Josh's explanation for why he doesn't like it. It wasn't the game itself, it used to be his favourite machine and he grew up with it in his bedroom. The fact the ruleset leans to a single element on the playfield being the highest scoring combined with the fact that the machine is so cool with so many things in it that the level of disappointment at not feeling like those things are worthwhile is much higher than some other games with A Thing. It has so much potential that isn't realised (in a playing for score/tournament setting). I would love to see a TZ with his powerball rule idea implemented, with the powerball jackpot increasing the longer the powerball is in play. I think that would add a very interesting dynamic to the game.

This is where I rekon stuff like "heads up" formats have an interesting part to play.

The way anyone plays is turned on it's head when it isn't about score anymore. Consider putting Two TZ's side by side then setting the goal as something like "defeat the power", or "collect 7 hitch-hikers", etc. etc..... it is then simply a race, first to complete the goal wins. Or first to drain 3 balls loses :lol

Suddenly games like this take a whole new twist!

This is where I rekon stuff like "heads up" formats have an interesting part to play.

The way anyone plays is turned on it's head when it isn't about score anymore. Consider putting Two TZ's side by side then setting the goal as something like "defeat the power", or "collect 7 hitch-hikers", etc. etc..... it is then simply a race, first to complete the goal wins. Or first to drain 3 balls loses :lol

Suddenly games like this take a whole new twist!

Pingolf could do the same too I imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just an annual refresher. See what's changed in the last 12 months. Shouldn't take long, but it'll take all night.

I didn't think the way people breathe changes much in a year. Lol I kinda use this form. Inhale then exhale and repeat as necessary Unless someone playing next to me lets one rip. Then it's hold until the coast is clear or when it's game over and move

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't know you made playfields:)

I don't make playfields... and sadly I might not stream much over the next few weeks either. Work interfering with such frivolous things. Shepparton tonight then Canberra tomorrow.

I'll have my gear with me so I might be able to stream something from the ACT Pinball Championships on Sunday...