Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

question to scratch builders of a cocktail cab

hey AA,

a question about mounting an LCD into the top of a standard table.

what are best ways to mount an LCD panel (am using a 19") into the table top but also have a flush screen protector ? I'm using a sheet of plexiglass. i know it will probablyu scratch up a bit eventually but the sheet is small and pretty cheaply renewed.

Interested to hear about methods people used that they were happy with doing similar? cheers,

• Administrators

I just did this the other week. Works a treat. Plus 1 for the strapping. I only have the timber at the bottom to raise it to the correct height which you won't need to do with a cocktail.

http://harmoniseit.com/images/invadersbartop/20180815_133101.jpg

Cheers,

Brad

Thanks all. That gives me some good options.

I'm interested also in how you guys have managed the top face, ie getting a nice even look between screen and table surface. Router a shelf around the cutout for a screen protector, put wooden strip trim on, etc ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• Administrators

Depends on wether you're going to use a bezel or not. I'd probably just cut a hole to match the actual viewable screen size and then route the edges at an angle so that the wood itself acts as the bezel.

Brad

+1 putting the panel in the lid rather than in the cabinet itself. Makes for super easy access to the internals of the cocktail.

Ideally you want the screen panel flat to the table glass with no gap as the gap will get dust in it and as dust forms on the underside of the table glass, you will get reflections so if they have no gap between them, this ensures you will get no reflecting.

Some pics below to help out

I also de-case the screen and then on most monitors there are small screws (2 each side) that I attach some small brackets too and then screw to the underside of the top

Depending on the thickness of the top you can add packers or rebate etc to get the screen to sit flush with the top then some strapping from side to side for some extra hold

I rebate the top out (approx 7mm) and fit 6mm tinted glass with some cut out black cardboard (like a bezel) to the underneath to hide the screen surround and timber rebate etc

Then some black no more gaps around the edge to seal it and hold the glass in

Hope this helps

1400972850_screenback.thumb.jpg.5b4d92be757eead758a1c6a939c5db81.jpg 2088305957_screenfront.thumb.jpg.5731edeebecbf83e07ea0a43549989c9.jpg 1781743634_screenfinished.thumb.jpg.9f96e3d0a78fcf02eddc11c6a1b19277.jpg

Some pics below to help out

I also de-case the screen and then on most monitors there are small screws (2 each side) that I attach some small brackets too and then screw to the underside of the top

Depending on the thickness of the top you can add packers or rebate etc to get the screen to sit flush with the top then some strapping from side to side for some extra hold

I rebate the top out (approx 7mm) and fit 6mm tinted glass with some cut out black cardboard (like a bezel) to the underneath to hide the screen surround and timber rebate etc

Then some black no more gaps around the edge to seal it and hold the glass in

Hope this helps

[ATTACH=CONFIG]134860[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]134861[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]134862[/ATTACH]

Really nice finish on that ! Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

This is how i do my screen on my bartops

Cut the hole 10mm smaller than my screen size then run a rebate on the back of the bezel leave about 5mm from the front of the screen to give it a small edge and it done

I fix the LCD screen with 4 L brackets to the back of the bezel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135018[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]135019[/ATTACH]