Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Munsters by Stern

extendo

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played in City Heroes this afternoon, it was "ok". Just felt empty.

Of course, the game basically scored LILY for me before I knew it, on that big bar target, a few shots had Herman done, and before I knew it I had 4 of 5 "tasks" lit. And I ain't the greatest player these days.

Needs a lot more in regards to gameplay.

Game looks good, light show is decent albeit I think a little "overdone" with a zillion lights flashing a zillion times. Munsters clips are fantastic.

Doubt I will be buying if current form remains.

I'm sure others will enjoy its gameplay

Played in City Heroes this afternoon, it was "ok". Just felt empty.

Of course, the game basically scored LILY for me before I knew it, on that big bar target, a few shots had Herman done, and before I knew it I had 4 of 5 "tasks" lit. And I ain't the greatest player these days.

Needs a lot more in regards to gameplay.

Game looks good, light show is decent albeit I think a little "overdone" with a zillion lights flashing a zillion times. Munsters clips are fantastic.

Doubt I will be buying if current form remains.

I'm sure others will enjoy its gameplay

Yeah problem is when we played it aside from finishing munster madness twice again (without even knowing what to do) is that all the inserts seem coded in and everything is doing what it should.. it's a bit of a concern... maybe it will beef up later... disappointing as it is fun and the munster theme is like a monster theme which is cool. I'd be going a deadpool over this for next game

Wow cheers for reviews guys looks like my moneys safe for abit :) theme and art to me are amazing but I don’t want a game I can beat in the first week hopefully the code gets more beef :) codes a funny thing hey some like it deep some like it easy but it’s dam hard to get that happy medium.

In other words, what I am hearing is that

A. Looks awesome

B. Lights are superb

C. Code is not the best

D. Needs more toys

E. Plays smooth

Out of all of the above which is the most important?

If it is C, then why are people buying the game if that is the most important part of the machine.

- Con

Con.... in my opinion I think code equates to value for money.... big money these days to buy a game, that's fine, but I personally want a lot for that. Code adds that. All new games seem to have decent art and light shows.

A deep coded game can still be played for a quick bash if ya want 5 -10 minutes of fun, or you can play it to try to get all the way through, so you have choices. Whilst a shallow coded game will always be just that.

Just my thoughts

Con.... in my opinion I think code equates to value for money.... big money these days to buy a game, that's fine, but I personally want a lot for that. Code adds that. All new games seem to have decent art and light shows.

A deep coded game can still be played for a quick bash if ya want 5 -10 minutes of fun, or you can play it to try to get all the way through, so you have choices. Whilst a shallow coded game will always be just that.

Just my thoughts

All good, we all have an opinion so there is no right or wrong answer.

If we are paying $13,650 for a LE these days and we still find the code not completed we still go out and buy the game in the hope that it does become a $13,650 worth of game. That sounds really silly to me doesn't it ?

Reading the readme Munsters code update, not much is going on and it is still only .91.

The game code should be pretty much done before we hit the start button.

I have a Batman 66, the game was bagged out for months and months, it sat in my room covered until the code became what it is today. Could you imagine is Sheats was not on this game and I would have a 14.5k sitting as a door stop !

I really hope for the pinball scene and Stern that they make games pretty much done when they hit our shores otherwise they wont be selling games like they are today.

I will get to play this game at TPF and give you my honest feedback good or bad.

- Con

Funny, as I was EXTREMELY impressed by Deadpool next to it. Played very nice, great layout / shots and decent LCD tie ins to shots.

I think you hit the nail on the head Wotto Deadpool is a fantastic game. I think I’ve put about 10-20 games on it and was thoroughly impressed so much so that a pro is in my future!

If we are paying $13,650 for a LE these days and we still find the code not completed we still go out and buy the game in the hope that it does become a $13,650 worth of game. That sounds really silly to me doesn't it ?

Welcome to the stern Business model,

Its like that on every game these days. They always send out half done code, So likely it will be a waiting game But they do code updates eventually.

So likely it will end up being more refined. On one hand its good they do at least sort that stuff out with good codes in the future, on the other hand it would be nice if they just sent out complete coded games to begin with.

Some of those games that people are saying is better than munsters, are games that were horrendous games to play in their original form before those serious code updates happened later on.

Its like that on every game these days. They always send out half done code, So likely it will be a waiting game But they do code updates eventually.

So likely it will end up being more refined. On one hand its good they do at least sort that stuff out with good codes in the future, on the other hand it would be nice if they just sent out complete coded games to begin with.

But if you’ve been listening to Dwight and others talk about Munsters, it sounds like this ones pretty baked. Even the official Stern gameplay guide which has already been published, reads level 2 modes and beyond are just the same as level one modes, just harder. I seriously doubt Dwight will make fundamental changes to this game. Any updates from now on will just be polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of those games that people are saying is better than munsters, are games that were horrendous games to play in their original form before those serious code updates happened later on.

Iron Maiden came out pretty fleshed out with an amazing code.. I know thats a one off occurrence tho!

That code is insanely good.

- - - Updated - - -

But if you’ve been listening to Dwight and others talk about Munsters, it sounds like this ones pretty baked. Even the official Stern gameplay guide which has already been published, reads level 2 modes and beyond are just the same as level one modes, just harder. I seriously doubt Dwight will make fundamental changes to this game. Any updates from now on will just be polish.

Weird how he made a bit of a legendary code for Star Wars tho... Allot of people are now starting to catch on - on how good Star Wars code actually is. Just takes a bit to learn..

Please explain...

The super jackpot like that of Ghostbusters can be obtained outside multiball. So in this case you can get it from the left hand side shot (whatever thats called). So I got it early on in the game and it awarded 500k. I mean big fukn deal. Then I got it during MB and it gave me some BS figure like 1,021,056. So I guess I am annoyed about the value and how easy it is to get.

The super jackpot like that of Ghostbusters can be obtained outside multiball. So in this case you can get it from the left hand side shot (whatever thats called). So I got it early on in the game and it awarded 500k. I mean big fukn deal. Then I got it during MB and it gave me some BS figure like 1,021,056. So I guess I am annoyed about the value and how easy it is to get.

And the other annoying thing is that hitting that side shot well makes the ball shoot out the back and not award it. You can also cancel the super jackpot to try and stack super jackpots by holding down the zap button, but during multiball sometimes you dont even realise there is a ball there collecting the super jackpots. Its a terrible game. Getting through the modes is so easy and after Munster Madness its just the same thing over and over. Doesnt seem that much harder to complete the modes second, third or even fourth time through.

what you see is about it, sad but true.:x

tweaking of timers and scoring was about all thats going to come.

Getting through the modes is so easy and after Munster Madness its just the same thing over and over. Doesnt seem that much harder to complete the modes second, third or even fourth time through.

Makes sense. I assumed all along that this was supposed to be a location game, the idea being that the general public would mistake it for Addams Family, remember how great that game was and put money in. No reason to have extensive code or hard to activate features if that's the target market.

I'm loving the Munsters so I guess that indicates my level of pinball skill based upon the majority of the comments :lol

I think code updates will make it more a players pin, but I guess we'll just have to wait n see. Perhaps Stern should add an 'Operator Setting' ;)