Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Munsters by Stern

extendo

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, long ball times, multiballs achieved to easily.

Nice playing machine though, inverted ramp is super cool. Left ramp through the back panel is a sweet shot.

Audio, art and LCD images are nice.

Be a great family pin or sited machine for general public.

Machine I played was on 5 ball with no ball save for some reason. I’d had enough after 2 games.

Still be nice in a lineup, really like the look of the Premium model.

Played the Pro at Pinball Paradise and felt it shot really well. Does look to be very basic by what I could tell on the inserts and their layout.

The fact that there are no drop targets (Especially on the LE) makes it extremely disappointing.

I had finished a few modes without much effort.

Great pin for the family environment / kids etc.

Maybe there's no ball save to give the game some longevity due to being so basic?

Tried it yesterday it is fun, Code yes shallow, I think if you have a small collection maybe pass, but in a large collection would be a great addition. Played Deadpool along side it and liked both equally lent towards Munsters just on theme alone probs.

Ramp shots are great. Color, Lights, Artwork, LCD, Music, Flow all great. 3 of us played about 10 games between us and i think only 1 of us got Munster Madness once or Twice. I had only one game as was to busy talking shit to sales. I Understand Sterns logic it is an easier game to get kids in as for someone starting out in Pinball the games like Maiden maybe just to hard for newbs.

If you like ramps you will like this game. I do hope code improves though and the center scoop shot is my only bug on the game, It was to easy to hit really hard actually not to hit it again after it ejects from the scoop I actually had to let it bounce off the flipper as i had hit it like 10 times in a row, maybe just set up bad.

Either way, not every machine and title will satisfy us all. That's life and pinball is subjective. Munsters will appeal to some and not to others. Some like theme, some like gameplay and code, some like music, some like the whole package. At least we get to play them before spending $9k+ which is a crap load of money for some. Well, that's my front fence and remote gate on my new house anyway.

We are spoilt for choice with the sheer amount of titles being released and titles been thrown around that could be released. Wow, do I buy this or do I wait for another title I hear is coming? Choices, choices, choices.

I thought Munsters was pretty cool, and definitely not as easy as I expected, but that's due to my skill level and ability. The more I play it, the better I would expect to become. Great artwork, ramps, theme, etc, but another new Stern in reality. Would I own one? Possibly, but I'm not rushing out to buy one. I think the Premium model will be very cool given the artwork and colours, etc. It would suit my collection. But handing over $11.5K.....................within a few months of scoring myself a MM? That poses a new question, "Do I still want a wife?"

Just buy and play the games that make you happy. When they no longer make you happy, sell them.

GB regularly doesn't make me happy but there are games I play on it that still do. I feel it's Me v's The Machine and one day I hope to beat the bastard. It's like a magnet that keeps drawing me back to it.

I played this at Pinball Paradise last night.

The biggest gripe i have with this title and some other Stern games, is the action button and it's multipliers - i simply don't get it. Sorry, but i'm old school - give me a Super Jackpot value and that's enough for me.

Ramps.....i don't know if it's a Stern trait, though i find it hard to shoot these in succession. B/W...no issue, though with the Stern games, it's like you have to hit the ball, right at the the end of the bat.

That being said, the whole package is nice. Good theme & layout, great art, though the playfield is dark.

What else?

The standard Skill Shot (top inlanes) - it needs to be selectable, like previous models. Could not get it, despite plunging the ball hard and nudging it, which fed down the right orbit.

Saw the repetitive scoop shot, from the left flipper.

Centre drains from shooting Spot from the right flipper.

The time the video draws out the information in Jackpot collection and Scoop, is way too long - hurry up and give me the ball for crying out loud!!

On a final note, Ball Save should be activated for on site play. There's simply no value for putting coin in, if Replay can't be achieved.

I score it a 7.5 out of 10.

Black Sabbath

Led Zeppelin

Following the old man music themes but I’d kill for a sabbath pin.

Also on the Munsters no ball save by default issue @Prince

Audits show average ball time is 4 mins which is not bad and @Martymainframe scored 164 million with 3 balls and no ball save so suck it up :P

Other operators have turned on Ball save or made the game 5 balls!

You're a tight arse Hashy! haha

AND not everyone is a pro player like Marty. :)