Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VPGL 11 Game 3: Ghostbusters (Stern 2016)

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Does that mean acejas has the files now?

State
    Gold Coast
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)
    yes thanks...dl late last night ...will look tonight
    Pinball Meets...I love em

State
    Gold Coast
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)
    OK any instructions for the dummy...never read any threads when it came out ...nek minit LOL

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acejas View Post
    OK any instructions for the dummy...never read any threads when it came out ...nek minit LOL
    Put the table and the backglass with your other tables.
    Put the VPinSPA folder in the same folder that your VPinMame folder sits (so they essentially sit side by side)
    If you're using a Pin2DMD, copy your DMDDEVICE.dll and DMDDEVICE.ini from the VPinMAME folder to the VPinSPA folder
    Run the exe file that is inside the VPinSPA folder and perform an Install (I looks just like VPinMAME but is used for this table).
    Go play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Yeah I've got all the right bits, it used to work, now it doesn't... No dramas, I'll just pass. I'd prefer to play something than spend ages just trying to make something work. This game has always played up on my cab. I've never got the recent Batman working either. All other games fine...
    Long shot I know, but I was not able to get it working for a while there either but last night, to overcome a different issue (I had problems with sound not coming from the backglass) I renamed my VPinballx.exe file and it has fixed my problems and this table now works as well. I have no idea why it fixed my problems but read it in a thread that someone else had found the same problem with sound so I tried it.... actually since you don't use a front end, you could just copy the exe file and name it something different and test it, I have had to run with a different name for my file which meant fixing the front end config.
    Last edited by JustAnotherRat; 7th September 2018 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Extra dribble

State
    Gold Coast
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)
    Thanks Rat! Thas what I had but didnt see the "Failed to Load DLL"error message. Downloaded C++ redistributables. Awesome...just need to get dmd going no pmd setup yet

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Attachment 135386

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Yeah I've got all the right bits, it used to work, now it doesn't... No dramas, I'll just pass. I'd prefer to play something than spend ages just trying to make something work. This game has always played up on my cab. I've never got the recent Batman working either. All other games fine...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    Have you tried running it without exclusive full screen? Or changing your DDraw setting to 0 for that ROM? The DDraw thing doesn't work for me but it does run when not in exclusive full screen.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    Attachment 135386

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried running it without exclusive full screen? Or changing your DDraw setting to 0 for that ROM? The DDraw thing doesn't work for me but it does run when not in exclusive full screen.
    I can't use exclusive full screen for any game. Crashes every time

Starting to think i need to wipe my system and go from a clean slate. Too many issues with VP

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    Last edited by Jed; 11th September 2018 at 09:53 AM.

State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)
    Apparently I sick at this at the moment, had a heap of games, might help if I work out the rules again, not a PB but a start.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    would like to (repeatedly) shoot whoever nominated this so much wasted time trying to get it working over the last 2 weeks.

so it finally worked tonight, nothing new that i tried it just started loading. i was having a pretty good game up around 500M ball 2 with EB in hand then guess what, crashed out with this error.

I think the error was sound-related. I was having a really good run at Storage Facility multiballs then one of the mechanical sound effects during that mode started looping over and over. I think I am cursed with this game.

After my slack-jawed staring at the error for a while and thinking about the score i just lost to the gods of c8nting GB i thought i couldn't be arsed even having another go at this abomination. BUt I did, had a shocker cause I was so cranky , so i'll post this just to have a score entered.

F+CK Ghostbusters if I never see this game again i will be joyous. 134M

upload image online

State
    Gold Coast
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)
    SAME!.no error message but stopped the script...sound error....4 times now around the 600k mark....spewin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information